PR Application & Bridging Activation

crazy8

Hi folks,

I am unclear as to when the you get approval of a Bridging Visa A once a 189 or 190 visa application has been lodged. Is there a waiting period over which they assess the initial stage of the visa application? Or am I automatically approved to receive a BVA once I lodge a visa application?

Also to submit/lodge the visa application do you need to have all the documents ready to go? My understanding is that I can submit the medicals, police checks and forms later in the process, is that correct? Does anyone know of any step-by-step guide to lodging the visa application?, I couldn't find any on youtube.

(Note, EOI already submitted, currently waiting on an invitation)

Thanks

You will get BVA as soon as you lodged a 189 or 190 visa application. Literally right after submitting your application and made your payment.

All documents can be attached later.

I couldn't find step-by-step guide from the internet either. But lodging the application is rather straight forward. What happens after you are invited is that there will be an option for you to apply for the visa in Skill Select. From there, you will be redirected to an IMMIAccount website where you will create an account and will then be able to lodge an online visa application from there. If you have questions while filling the form, you can call up immigration directly or simply post your questions here I'll try my best to help.

P.S. I applied and was granted 485 and then 189 so I'm quite familiar with the application process.

Cheers

Hi folks,

I am unclear as to when the you get approval of a Bridging Visa A once a 189 or 190 visa application has been lodged. Is there a waiting period over which they assess the initial stage of the visa application? Or am I automatically approved to receive a BVA once I lodge a visa application?

Also to submit/lodge the visa application do you need to have all the documents ready to go? My understanding is that I can submit the medicals, police checks and forms later in the process, is that correct? Does anyone know of any step-by-step guide to lodging the visa application?, I couldn't find any on youtube.

(Note, EOI already submitted, currently waiting on an invitation)

Thanks

If you are onshore, and applying from another visa which permits you to apply onshore for the 189 or 190, then your bridging visa becomes active when your substantive (ie existing) visa expires.