How far in advance do I need to book shipping? (Movecube)

harryman100

I have a visa sorted and I'm currently job hunting. I'm trying to work out the timings of everything after I get an offer, and when I can volunteer to start.

Can anyone advise how long (roughly) after booking a movecube (or any shipping) I could have my stuff sent?

I may not have explained my question well enough. I have a good idea of the length of time for shipping.

To phrase the question another way. On average, if I were to book today, what is the earliest date I could book for my stuff to be collected?

Potentially you can book very late. We booked on a Tuesday for the Thursday - we were flying the Saturday.

It will depend. UK to Aus may be busier than Aus to UK.

I know when we booked they did say to allow at least a few weeks (or more if possible) ahead as the slots for shipping got filled up quite quickly and they could not guarantee they would have a space available in our area if we left it too late.

I'd give them a call direct and enquire.

Like the post above, it's possible to do it last minute. I booked on a Tuesday for the following Monday (18th July 2016) and then flew out on the Friday (22 July) I suppose it all depends where you live, if you're in a city then you may to book well in advance but I was in sleepy North Cambridgeshire.

The good thing about the process is that you track where your cube is. My cube was in storage in Birmingham for week before being loaded at Thames docks. It then went to Rotterdam and then back to Felixstowe! It's currently on its way to Suez - and due to arrive middle of next month.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

My half container was packed 5 weeks ago and is still on the dock somewhere. Its going UK to Brisbane. I was assured by Anglo Pacific that they have ships leaving all the time, but obviously I must have just missed the one coming this way. Have spoken to them today after no response to emails. Hopefully my stuff will arrive at some point otherwise I will be camping in my house. Not real happy with the service.

My half container was packed 5 weeks ago and is still on the dock somewhere. Its going UK to Brisbane. I was assured by Anglo Pacific that they have ships leaving all the time, but obviously I must have just missed the one coming this way. Have spoken to them today after no response to emails. Hopefully my stuff will arrive at some point otherwise I will be camping in my house. Not real happy with the service.

I had a friend who used them, took 5 months to get her stuff from the UK to Sydney,she kept phoning and emailing but didn't getany response the whole time. First she knew of what was happening in the whole time was when the importing shippers sent her a bill for the customs clearance in Sydney after five months!