Brisbane via New York

Guest Craig and Susan Reith

Guest Craig and Susan Reith

Should be going to Brisbane summer 2007 hoping to visit sister in NY on route is this poss or would cost be over the top and would we have to fly to LA / thanks Craig

Hi Craig,

Don't know about cost - when you travel will you be migrating or just visiting? If you're migrating, you can get increased baggage allowance, but they don't seem to give you this if you stop over en route.

Ali

• 4 weeks later...

Craig .

I have no idea re costs either . I do know however that Qantas and BA belong to the same freq flyer group ( One World ) and that Qantas fly from NY to Sydney , so I guess you could fly UK to NY with BA , then Qantas NY to Sydney ,then Sydney to Brisbane with Qantas . It may sound complicated but both airlines operate " as one " and operate on a code share basis . Hope this helps , but plse pm me if you wish as I fly long haul quite frequently and may be able to put you in the right direction . Best of luck .

Dave

Guest hayshake

I have recently seen that Virgin and their partners do a round the world ticket with numerous stops for about £850, which appears to be good value. You may find that using this routing will cost you more than flying via the Far East, as a number of Airlines compete for these crossings.

Archived