putting in an offer as nomination stage of visa

zoedan24

hi, we really want to buy a house and our nomination is about to go through for our visa, we have been told the following part will come up to 28 days later, which is when we will be residents.

would it be safe to put forward an offer on a house once the nomination has gone through? we are also first time buyers so would want to apply for stamp duty concession.

we don't know much about timeline for the housing market but I suppose im thinking if we put an offer in would the finance take enough time that we would have PR by then?

Thanks.

You won't be entitled to any concessions unless you are a PR when you sign the contract. We went through this last year and the seller agreed to not dating the contracts until we received our PR.

Although you say your nomination is about to go through and you expect your visa 28 days after, this is not a given and there is no way of knowing how long you have to wait for your PR or even if it will be granted.

hi, we really want to buy a house and our nomination is about to go through for our visa, we have been told the following part will come up to 28 days later, which is when we will be residents.

would it be safe to put forward an offer on a house once the nomination has gone through? we are also first time buyers so would want to apply for stamp duty concession.

we don't know much about timeline for the housing market but I suppose im thinking if we put an offer in would the finance take enough time that we would have PR by then?

Thanks.

What visa are you thinking of? If this is the employer sponsored 186 or 187 visa, I believe it takes about six to eight months at the moment. Accordingly I think you need to hold off on the house for now.