186 Visa - Leaving my employer - HELP

Hello hello,

HELP! :arghh:

Been looking at this forum for a long time but never joined.Have to say it helped me understand a lot during my road to residency.

I got approved for a 186 visa several months ago with my wife and children. I have been headhunted by a competing business which is offering nearly 3 times my currently salary. They never asked me what I am earning and I think they have just estimated I am earning more than what I currently earn.

As my current employer sponsored me PLEASE can someone tell me about the legal implication of me resigning and going to work for the other side. I am so worried of loosing this opportunity and being stuck for another 2 years. I know what people will say... that I should be grateful that I was sponsored and should do the right thing and standby by my company, but if you see the pressure I have been put under for the past 2 years you will understand why I want would be happy to leave - if I am able to do so.

Really appreciate any help/feedback people can give. I only have a verbal offer from this afternoon and expect written job offer by the end of next week.

Thanks

C.O

Not a problem with the visa, but you need to check your contract. I suspect if your employer paid you any relocation fees then there could be a clause about repayment should you break the contract early. Then again you are obviously being underpaid so............

It's entirely up to the employer - there are no immigration issues whatsoever.

My employer states that you must repay the visa costs ($8,000) if you leave within a year, but that sounds like it would be totally worth it to you! Just check what your internal policy is. You might not have to repay anything at all :-)

Archived