Recommended Car Dealers

Guest DSL

Hi Everyone,

I have just arrived in Melbourne this week and have begun looking for a car, I am curently living in furnished accommodation on St Kilda Rd provided by my employer as it is within close proximity of my place of work.

I am looking at longer term accommodation outside the city and will be looking to purchase a car in the next few weeks in order to commute in and out of the city.

Can anyone recommend good used car dealers they have dealt with since arriving? I have been directed to carsales.com.au but would much prefer to visit a few show rooms or forecourts to view a selection rather than spend hours trawling through photo's on the web.

Thankyou in advance for any help you can give!!:v_SPIN:

DSL

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Pom Queen

There are lots of car dealerships in Dandenong for both 2nd hand and new cars. I am sure there will be something closer to the city, I know new car dealers are scattered around the city. You have Ford and Kia in North Melbourne. I am not sure on other places for 2nd hand cars sorry.

Hi Everyone,

I have just arrived in Melbourne this week and have begun looking for a car, I am curently living in furnished accommodation on St Kilda Rd provided by my employer as it is within close proximity of my place of work.

I am looking at longer term accommodation outside the city and will be looking to purchase a car in the next few weeks in order to commute in and out of the city.

Can anyone recommend good used car dealers they have dealt with since arriving? I have been directed to carsales.com.au but would much prefer to visit a few show rooms or forecourts to view a selection rather than spend hours trawling through photo's on the web.

Thankyou in advance for any help you can give!!:v_SPIN:

DSL

Hi

They are all thye same world wide car dealers , they are all nicry nicey while thay are trying to pick your pocket. Whereever you go be firm and haggle if you are going in with bucks they give you a price offer them lower and be prepared to walk out stick yo your guns and see. Dont take the first offer its a good time now end of financial year

Malx

aka Billy NM

Guest Curlysoo

I am sure just as with the UK if you look at used cars being sold privately you will get a better deal than anything you could get from dealership ... someone has to pay for the showroom and smarmy salesmen you know! :yes:

Doesnt Oz have an equivalent to Autotrader ...where you could look online first?:v_SPIN:

I am sure just as with the UK if you look at used cars being sold privately you will get a better deal than anything you could get from dealership ... someone has to pay for the showroom and smarmy salesmen you know! :yes:

Doesnt Oz have an equivalent to Autotrader ...where you could look online first?:v_SPIN:

You have to be careful Oz does not have the Mot test there are some right heaps on the roads, used cars are more expensive than in the uk, and you have to pay stamp duty

you are talking $5000 for 1995 cars

Malx

aka Billy 1M

Thanks everyone for your advice and guidance. I have a hire car at the moment and I am going to start having a look around at a few dealerships over the next few weekends.

I still have not decided to go for brand new or 2nd hand as there doesn't appear to be a great difference in cost.:err:

Stamp duty was mentioned, what exactly is added for an on the road price? Is it a fixed percentage of the cars value?

Thanks

DSL

Thanks everyone for your advice and guidance. I have a hire car at the moment and I am going to start having a look around at a few dealerships over the next few weekends.

I still have not decided to go for brand new or 2nd hand as there doesn't appear to be a great difference in cost.:err:

Stamp duty was mentioned, what exactly is added for an on the road price? Is it a fixed percentage of the cars value?

Thanks

DSL

We have a friend who is the dealer of Mazda, Mitsubishi and VW in Mornington selling both new and used cars. I know that he has helped out a few expats so might be worth a look.

http://www.morningtonmazda.com.au/

http://www.morningtonmitsubishi.com.au/

Hope this helps

Deb xx

Guest donovan

Hi if you are around the Sunshine Coast, Brisbane or Gold Coast area, let me know as I deal with a guy who is a licenced dealer who buys direct from the auctions and will save you $$$$, I have put a few clients across to him, who have been more than happy with his service, one client bought a Prado 4x4 last week saving him about $5 + on the price with a very good milage.

Sarah x

Guest taffy 62

We bought our car from car city in ringwood (melbourne) we travelled down from Albury/Wodonga to buy it. Its a mega car market with about 30 dealers and 100's of cars to choose from. You could spend a day there and theres even a cafe!

They only sell second hand cars.

When you drive a new car out of the show room you loose about $5,000.

If I was going to buy new I would consider a demo or get one about 12 months old with new car warranty on it. as I think they depreciate about 20% in the first 12 months.

Some brands here like hyundai and Kia offer a 5 year new car warranty others are only 3 years or a certain amount of k's whatever comes sooner.

Hope this helps.

Guest Andy Thomas

Hi DSL

We source cars for new arrivals and at present our average savings for our clients are $2500 off the Glass's Guide RRP. Our latest contact can now source new cars at fleet prices guaranteeing to beat the dealer prices. Visit Car Finder Service by Accommodate Oz: Furnished Accommodation Short Term Rentals Melbourne to Mornington Peninsula: Mornington Peninsula, Australia to submit your enquiry

Andy

Archived