Does 2 years in NZ = permanent residence in OZ ????

alancooper77

Hi all, Please can someone confirm if the above is true or not !!! I have been going down the route of a permanent visa for Australia, however I am now at my wits end regarding the English Test, I am an English, born and bread Podiatrist who cannot get a high enough score for the full 20 points which I need, in the mean time I have been offered a full time position in NZ which I have more than enough points to get in with, but my heart is in OZ, so I wanted to know am I right in thinking, if you live and work in NZ for 2 years you are then free to move to OZ without doing the English test to live and work ?

Thanks in advance

Hi all, Please can someone confirm if the above is true or not !!! I have been going down the route of a permanent visa for Australia, however I am now at my wits end regarding the English Test, I am an English, born and bread Podiatrist who cannot get a high enough score for the full 20 points which I need, in the mean time I have been offered a full time position in NZ which I have more than enough points to get in with, but my heart is in OZ, so I wanted to know am I right in thinking, if you live and work in NZ for 2 years you are then free to move to OZ without doing the English test to live and work ?

Thanks in advance

I believe it is a bit more complicated than that - as a NZ citizen you can but it does still have some restrictions, a NZ citizen can remain permanently in Australia but does not have quite the same rights as an Australian citizen.

If you are going on a temporary visa to NZ I do not think you can then gain PR to Australia after two years.

This is probably a good place to look

https://www.govt.nz/browse/leaving-nz/move-and-live-in-australia/moving-to-australia/

I have been offered a full time position in NZ which I have more than enough points to get in with, but my heart is in OZ, so I wanted to know am I right in thinking, if you live and work in NZ for 2 years you are then free to move to OZ without doing the English test to live and work ?

You would have to become a New Zealand citizen first, then you'd have right of entry to Australia. So research what the requirements are for becoming a New Zealand citizen.

I'd say it's worth a go. After all, you may find you like New Zealand better!

Thanks in advance

What part(s) of the English Test are having trouble with?

B

Archived