Any radiographers that can help????

lillystar26

Hi,

I am currently studying diagnostic radiography. I still have two years left on my course but we are hoping to end up in Oz in the future (our 2nd attempt)

I just have some questions....

- would I be able to get a visa as a newly qualified or would I need experience?

-if I don't need experience which visas are available?

- if I do need experience, how much?

I'm not really sure how it all works as we were coming on my husbands previously and the process was completely different.

Thanks in advance

Vicky

Hi Vicky

I'm a diagnostic radiographer who got my visa in December and moving over to Oz in August. We are going over on a 189 visa which meant I had to get my skills assessed with AIR(Australian Institute of Radiography). This was a fairly straight forward procedure. I had to provide the syllabus from my degree and transcripts, evidence of CPD, CV, and references. I believe they require you need 12 months experience for this but I am not 100%. I'd possibly contact them as they were really helpful throughout the process and really approachable.

On top of this you need to gain APHRA registration which is the australian equivalent version of the HPC. I left this till last until after i'd received my visa which was a mistake. It's probably a good idea to start this process somewhere within your visa application as it's taken mine 6 months and hoping to have jumped through the last hurdle and hopefully finding out the results in the next few weeks.

I know this doesn't answer alot of your questions however I only know my experience and your probably best speaking to a Mara registered agent to talk about your options for visas. They often give you a free chat about visa before trying to sign you up to them. Do your research as there are some sharks out there and make sure they are Mara registered.

• 1 month later...

Hi Vicky, are you planning on going permanently? I am a diagnostic radiographer - I am just going through the process of moving over to OZ. I am on a permanent visa which lasts 4 years and then you go onto get your Australian citizenship. The visa I am on is the 189 Skilled assessment visa, which requires 3 years of experience. Hope this helps x

Archived