Mornington Living and commuting, HELP needed?

AnxiousMum

Hi, We are looking at Mornington as a place to live. Does anyone live in that area who can tell us what the commuting is like to the city. My husband doesnt really have to commute at all in UK. But is willing to do it on Oz if we find the right area to live. Is it a really long commute, what is the transport system like in Mornington. If coming by car what time scale would you say, and if we choose train again how long to city would you say. Any help greatly appreciated:cute:

Hi, We are looking at Mornington as a place to live. Does anyone live in that area who can tell us what the commuting is like to the city. My husband doesnt really have to commute at all in UK. But is willing to do it on Oz if we find the right area to live. Is it a really long commute, what is the transport system like in Mornington. If coming by car what time scale would you say, and if we choose train again how long to city would you say. Any help greatly appreciated:cute:

We are in Mount Martha, my husband commutes to the City and yet in the Uk he travelled no more than 10 mins to work!! So he was not looking forward to it, however its what your used too and as he says its really is not so bad.

He drives to work each day and it takes him about 55mins each way (he doesnt travel in rush hour).

If it were in rush hour it would take anything from an hour to an hour and 15mins. I myself have travelled it many times also and its not really a hard drive. If you know what I mean!!

The nearest train station is Frankston (15mins away) the trains are very frequent and take about an hour to the centre of the City. Parking at Frankston is great and free of charge....which is a bonus when comparing to the UK.

Hope this is of some help.

Deb xx

Guest surburberella
Thanks, that does sound ok

My hub has been driving in rush hour from Chelsea which is half an hour further in towards the city than Mornington and it takes him between hour & a quarter to hour & a half so you would be looking at 1 & 3/4 or 2 hours from Mornington by car.

If he were to get the train he would first have to drive & park or take the bus to Frankston which is the 1st station on the line. Then the train from Frankston to Flinders in the city takes 1 hour 5 mins.

It's quite a commute but some people dont mind as Mornington is lovely.

However, the new Eastlink is opening in a few weeks which you can get on at Seaford-that whould speed things up though it will cost of course.

Guest cityfan

is there a hospital near mornington, i am a nurse hoping to get over on a state sponsored visa...got two girls, what are the high school like around the mornington area?....any advise greatfully received....cityfan...x

Guest itskaren

Nearest hospital is Frankston. I have worked there and it is grim!! I would not be happy with any of my family attending the hospital. I live in Mt Martha and sorry but I hated it. Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

You should have no trouble getting a job at Frankston. I know several nurses who work there and they are happy. No different to any other large public hospital with all the problems of too many patients not enough services sometimes.

Mum has been in there several times and excellent care, my daughter has been in intensive care there excellent, I have also been a patient there great.

Speak as you find, its not the Ritz its a public hospital. Very friendly people.

Guest cityfan

:jiggy:thanx so much for your reply....i will look into the area in more depth now follwing your more positive reply!!!!....CHEERS...cityfan....x

Archived