Transporting a car within Queensland

Tedster

Hi,

Does anyone have any recommendations for companies that transport cars within Queensland? My brother has moved to the Mackay area (rural) and has left his second car in the Bundaberg area (also in a rural area). We're trying to work out how he can get the second car up to Mackay - I thought of hiring a car trailer but both cars are quite small and neither of them would be up to a nine hour drive towing a car trailer.

I should explain that I'm still in the UK , otherwise if we had 2 drivers we would just drive 1 car each! The problem is that he's by himself, so the only driver.

I thought a car transporter might be a solution, but not sure how this works, so if anyone has any advice, recommendations or experience that would be great.

Hi,

I'm looking into that option but the problem comes at either end of the journey because he wouldn't be able to get to either airport (about 60kms away) by public transport / shuttle and he doesn't know anyone to give him a lift. When I looked at the flights you can't go direct from Mackay to Bundaberg , you go via Brisbane which makes it more expensive, but I'll work out the costs and compare it if I get some car transporter quotes.

Guest The Pom Queen
Hi,

Does anyone have any recommendations for companies that transport cars within Queensland? My brother has moved to the Mackay area (rural) and has left his second car in the Bundaberg area (also in a rural area). We're trying to work out how he can get the second car up to Mackay - I thought of hiring a car trailer but both cars are quite small and neither of them would be up to a nine hour drive towing a car trailer.

I should explain that I'm still in the UK , otherwise if we had 2 drivers we would just drive 1 car each! The problem is that he's by himself, so the only driver.

I thought a car transporter might be a solution, but not sure how this works, so if anyone has any advice, recommendations or experience that would be great.

We used a car transporter from Melbourne to Cairns a few years ago and it cost $900 so you should be able to do it cheaper. The other option is to put an ad on gumtree asking for someone to drive it back for you, although you may get some dodgy replies. Also Google backloads

A one way ticket from Mackay to Bundy is around $200. You'll save a hell of a lot of fannying around just flying there and driving it up.
I have not heard that expression for years! :laugh:

Archived