What deductions can I expect on my salary of $80k per year

Debstu

Myself and partner are hoping to move out on a work sponsored 457 visa later this year. He is expecting to be offered a salary of around 80k per year but not sure what deductions or allowances we will need to take into consideration for his take home pay. I know he will pay tax and super is on top of his salary but what about Medicare etc. He is coming up to 50 so is it age related. Also I am 56 and wonder if anyone has experienced any problems getting a job at my age. I have worked as a office/finance manager in a kitchen manufacture / retail company for 23 years and would like to stay in an office admin type role. Any ideas of salary expectations for me? Any help,or advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you

On an $80k salary excluding super he will bring home about $61k.

By the way this is the forum for financial advice not tax advice or salary advice, it is about things like investments and mortgages. You should probably ask a moderator to move your thread to a more suitable fire to increase your reads and responses.

Guest The Pom Queen
Thank you for that, I am new to this forum but finding it very helpful so far. How do I contact a moderator ?

I've moved it for you Debbie

Hi Debbie

this is a very rough idea, as most 457 visa's pay out for private medical as well[

$80000 after tax.... this does not included your medicare levy [TABLE=class: resultTable]

[TR=class: head]

[TH]2015 - 2016[/TH]

[TH]Weekly[/TH]

[TH] Fortnightly[/TH]

[TH] Monthly[/TH]

[TH] Annually[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR=class: foot]

[TH]Pay[/TH]

[TD]$1,169.46[/TD]

[TD] $2,338.92[/TD]

[TD] $5,067.67[/TD]

[TD] $60,853.00 [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

QUOTE=Debbie Stuart;1936945352]Myself and partner are hoping to move out on a work sponsored 457 visa later this year. He is expecting to be offered a salary of around 80k per year but not sure what deductions or allowances we will need to take into consideration for his take home pay. I know he will pay tax and super is on top of his salary but what about Medicare etc. He is coming up to 50 so is it age related. Also I am 56 and wonder if anyone has experienced any problems getting a job at my age. I have worked as a office/finance manager in a kitchen manufacture / retail company for 23 years and would like to stay in an office admin type role. Any ideas of salary expectations for me? Any help,or advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you

I'd say you might find some difficulty finding a permanent job for yourself, Debbie. You don't say where in Australia you're coming to, but I did find Sydney companies were a bit ageist when I was in my fifties. The other problem you'll have is that you're on a 457. You may find employers are reluctant to take you on, because your visa is only temporary and if your husband lost or left his job, you'd have to leave suddenly. But I'm sure you would get plenty of temp work, assuming you are in one of the major cities.

We will be settling in the Melbourne suburbs as my son, his wife and our new twin grandchildren are there. Although we are planning to go out on a 457 visa our plan after 18 months is to apply for permanent contributory parent visa before his 4 year work visa expires. I hope it will be easier for me to get a job than you suspect as its really important to be working and can't imagine coping financially without us ninth working. Thanks for the heads up anyway .

Archived