Costing pet transport

Whizzer

It will depend on the size of your dog, not weight as crates are based on the height and length etc of your dog.

Your best bet is to contact pet shippers direct, measure your dog as per their spec and ask for a price.

Factor in on top all the vets fees etc and quarantine the other end in Aus. Plus getting the dog to you from the quarantine station.

If you give Pet Air a call they will give you a quote in a matter of minutes. Be prepared though that it isn't cheap and will depend on where you are moving to for the final cost as quarantine is now only in Melbourne so, unless you are moving to Melbourne there will be subsequent costs in getting from there

Hi all we are in early stages and was wondering if anyone has a rough idea on the price off transport our dog and cat from uk to Australia.

Thanks

The guys have hit the nail on the head, PetAir UK are great and can make wooden crates to your size pet to keep the costs in check. Once your pets arrives here in Australia then Dogtainers can collect from after the 10 days quarantine and deliver to you anywhere in Oz :) Good luck with it all.

Mick

Hi all we are in early stages and was wondering if anyone has a rough idea on the price off transport our dog and cat from uk to Australia.

Thanks

Hi Whizzer,

We're flying our Jack Russell and chihuahua over in august. Including all the vets fees, quarantine fees, Kennels, transport, 2 flights ( International and Internal ) its cost us about £4500

If you don't mind me asking how much did the Australian transport side add up to. We are moving to Sydney and had thought about maybe driving to Melbourne to pick them up if they allow you to do that. I know it's one hell of a drive but was thinking of a bit of a road trip as a long weekend or week away.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

If you don't mind me asking how much did the Australian transport side add up to. We are moving to Sydney and had thought about maybe driving to Melbourne to pick them up if they allow you to do that. I know it's one hell of a drive but was thinking of a bit of a road trip as a long weekend or week away.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Pretty cheap I thought , for collection from PEQ, transport to Melbourne airport and flights to Gold coast total cost, for two dogs $473

Guest The Pom Queen

We drove from Brisbane to Townsville a while back with ours but be warned unless your planning on doing it in a day there may not be many pet friendly places on the way back.