UK Partner visa question

Flake

Hi All,

my husband had a UK partner visa while we were in the UK, we only had it for 18 months so couldn't apply for indefinite leave to remain (permanent residency) and we have since returned to Australia.

what I want to know is does that partner visa become null and void now that we are over here? Or is still valid?

will be calling UK immigration too but due to the time difference I will have to wait, so thought I would ask

here too

TIA

my husband had a UK partner visa while we were in the UK, we only had it for 18 months so couldn't apply for indefinite leave to remain (permanent residency) and we have since returned to Australia.

what I want to know is does that partner visa become null and void now that we are over here? Or is still valid?

will be calling UK immigration too but due to the time difference I will have to wait, so thought I would ask

here too

If you look at the visa in his passport, it will show a "from" date and a "Valid To" date. The "Valid To" date is when the visa expires. It doesn't matter how often he enters or leaves the UK for during that time.

Even with indef leave to remain the immigration can be antsy apparently. Reading small print it seemed as we were migrating to Oz partners visa may be null n void even on indef leave... So got UK citizenship n passport for hubby. Should've done it years ago as he had to do life in Britain exam.. Lol. But gives freedom to be in either country... Kids dual citizens too.. Just me but need to wait four years....

• 1 month later...

My partner lived in the UK for 8 years and was Indefinite Leave to Remain, we let it expire thinking we could just get a spouse visa. I kick myself every day that he didn't apply for citizenship. Now I am stuck in Oz forever it feels.

My partner lived in the UK for 8 years and was Indefinite Leave to Remain, we let it expire thinking we could just get a spouse visa. I kick myself every day that he didn't apply for citizenship. Now I am stuck in Oz forever it feels.

Does he have any UK ancestry he could use? Or could he get an EU passport?

Does he have any UK ancestry he could use? Or could he get an EU passport?

Thanks for your reply. No unfortunately, he's been down that route before but I think his grandfather or great grandfather was from Kent. It's too far back to be considered anyway I think.

Thanks for your reply. No unfortunately, he's been down that route before but I think his grandfather or great grandfather was from Kent. It's too far back to be considered anyway I think.

If it was his grandfather you could have won the jackpot - gt grandfather one generation too far back! A UK born grandparent is enough for ancestry and you can apply for their birth cert on line.

As Quoll said, get that checked ASAP as if it's the grandfather you're saved!

BTW how did he manage to get a visa to the UK the first time?

As Quoll said, get that checked ASAP as if it's the grandfather you're saved!

BTW how did he manage to get a visa to the UK the first time?

Looking at the dates and timeframe, I'd think it was applied for before the changes came into effect.

Archived