BHS Teeters on the Edge: 11,000 jobs at risk

srh82

I would say the UK is definitely not booming. Bhs was only bought out 12/18 months ago and now looks likes its headed to go into administration, that and TATA steel still haven't found a buyer! There could be a number of job losses in the pipeline.

BHS was bought by an asset stripper who never had any intention of making it a successful business. He bled the company for as much money as he could. He then passed it on to another asset stripper who sucked another $25 million out of the company. It was all perfectly legal, of course - but that's why they went bust.

I liked bhs for bed linen towels lighting dept and some kids stuff but I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did... It needed an overhaul... Sad to see another 'british' chain gone... It's funny I have some marks spencer stuff 'made in England...' That tells you how old it is, such a shame we devalued ourselves and lost so much of our manufacturing industry... People like cheap rubbish they can change regularly now. Even Australia seems to have moved to more imports... I used to like the fact they valued their own industry and paid to support it....

Well, if you've got a job, you might have the money to move, but don't need to, if you haven't, you might need to move but won't be able to afford too.

We considered a move down South before we emigrated. We would have gone to the South Coast somewhere but couldn't afford it. The difference in house prices and cost of living was amazing and the salaries weren't that much different to Manchester.

Archived