Practising in Travel Crates

maryannen

:notworthy: ha ha ....was having a laugh with my folks about mushing my trio from quarantine in Melbourne to our new home if we couldn't get a company to transport them .... Would be a sight to see along the Victorian roads lol Ty they are mummies babies all of them, a huge part of my life. I can't wait for them to meet the family at last.

cheers Mary-Anne

We have been told that the 'worst' bit for the dogs is the take off and landing as it is an unusual sensation for them. once they are up in the air they are fine.

It's my fave part of a flight the take off and landing, the best flights I ever experienced was at the hands of the Australian Air Force pilots many moons ago during the domestic pilots strike in Australia. The Airforce was bought in and they flew the Perth to Melbourne route for urgent travel .....incredible plane control and faster trip ever ....shame they don't do flights normally as they rocked and this Aussie was very grateful at the time to them for getting me over east. It is a strange sensation when the plane lifts off the ground ...would be quite alien for most pets as they spend most of their time on terra firma. My trio do settle quickly once they go into a crate, I'm hoping they will just sleep most of the way and will get some moral support from each other too as they are all travelling together....in separate crates but near each other so to speak. Have also been told quarantine will put them in consecutive runs for their stay with them so they will be close to each other there too which is really good as my trio are a family group. If you look at the pics the first one is the pup second one is mum and third one is dad :smile:

:notworthy: ha ha ....was having a laugh with my folks about mushing my trio from quarantine in Melbourne to our new home if we couldn't get a company to transport them .... Would be a sight to see along the Victorian roads lol Ty they are mummies babies all of them, a huge part of my life. I can't wait for them to meet the family at last.

cheers Mary-Anne

Here is an article about a young woman here in Devonport and her huskies. In the article she has 2 dogs but I've often seen her with 3 and sometimes 4. They are really well trained and great to watch pulling her along.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-07-11/tassie-huskies-to-race/5590266

Edited by JockinTas

Whereabouts are you heading? I ask as some places have rules on not having more than 2 dogs per property and needing permission/permit from the council etc if you want to keep a 3rd in a built up/residential area etc. Rural is a bit more relaxed. Just something to check out in the area you are heading to if you've not already.

I think it depends on the pet. Our little fella often gets lifted around in his bed - one room to another - and barely bats an eyelid. We call his bed the flying bed lol.

Ha ha ...your chilled out flying pooch reminds me of a strange dream I had a few years back of Snowy (the big white Husky) flying around the the ceiling ...had that song by Lionel Richie going thru my brain Oh what a feeling when we're dancing on the ceiling, he seemed quite spun out by it all but not stressed in the dream....must have known that Snowy would be flying for real one day :biglaugh:

Here is an article about a young woman here in Devonport and her huskies. In the article she has 2 dogs but I've often seen her with 3 and sometimes 4. They are really well trained and great to watch pulling her along.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-07-11/tassie-huskies-to-race/5590266

You never know I might run into her one day...I'm not going to be too far from the mountain ranges in Victoria. My male Husky has a family history of sledding dogs ...his mum was a Swiss sled dog imported into the UK and his dad is from a former KC breeder and former racer of Huskies ....so given those lines as you might imagine he's a powerhouse of a dog. Have had him on a Pawtrekker Dog scooter, he loved it, but he's not been hooked up to a rig. My female hasn't had a go yet as I didn't want to risk injury with her when she was with pups....I sold the Pawtrekker as it wasn't being used for a time due to their two litters and having my hands full etc . The pup that I've kept .... she's still a bit too young at only 11 months, tis best to wait until they are around 2, due to their developing leg muscles etc, before hooking them up to a rig but I wouldn't say it's out of the question once she's old enough. :smile:

Whereabouts are you heading? I ask as some places have rules on not having more than 2 dogs per property and needing permission/permit from the council etc if you want to keep a 3rd in a built up/residential area etc. Rural is a bit more relaxed. Just something to check out in the area you are heading to if you've not already.

Thanks for that snifter, very wise to check. I'm heading for a little town called Mulwala on the NSW /Victorian border ...it's on the NSW side and yep pretty rural.....although my new place is in town so to speak ....it's got a very large secure backyard for the trio. I did have a look see about the local council rules due to my having 3 and yep they allow 3 dogs per property for that area. Have also looked at the local regulations for breeders as I have bred Huskies and might want to do so again...if I decide to will ensure those parameters and any requirements are met for sure. :smile:

Edited by maryannen