Old visa numbers

Daughterinlaw

Hi All,

Quick question, my British parents-in-law are currently completing their 864 application and they do not know their previous visa numbers (have visited aus four times), they know their dates of travel (as it is stamped in their passport) and that they traveled on ETA's, is this sufficient or do we need contact immigration to request the specific visa numbers?

Thank you in advance.

Hi All,

Quick question, my British parents-in-law are currently completing their 864 application and they do not know their previous visa numbers (have visited aus four times), they know their dates of travel (as it is stamped in their passport) and that they traveled on ETA's, is this sufficient or do we need contact immigration to request the specific visa numbers?

Thank you in advance.

I think that it's really odd that they ask for specific visa numbers for Parent applications. They don't ask that for most other visas.

Anyway.....all records are held electronically and the department would be able to see previous travel history (to and from Australia) as soon as they type in your parents names and dates of birth, so I wouldn't have thought that it was absolutely vital to include the visa numbers.

However, they are asking for them, so there may be a good reason to do so (probably not, but maybe). Make all efforts to find the numbers, if you can. ETA's and eVisitor type visas are all done online so the grant notices may be lurking in their email accounts somewhere, so that is a good place to start. If not, then you'll have to make enquiries with DIBP to locate the visa numbers.

Might be worth contacting a registered agent and asking them the question and how 'vital' (or not) this information is.

They ask for visa numbers on the partner visa as well. I didn't have them either so had to leave them off. I wasn't even sure of my exact dates of travel in some instances so had to estimate them. If you have exact dates of travel I wouldn't worry about the visa numbers if you haven't got them. I would put the type of visa travelled on but that the number is unknown.

They ask for visa numbers on the partner visa as well. I didn't have them either so had to leave them off. I wasn't even sure of my exact dates of travel in some instances so had to estimate them. If you have exact dates of travel I wouldn't worry about the visa numbers if you haven't got them. I would put the type of visa travelled on but that the number is unknown.

We just put ETA/Evisitor when they asked for visa numbers - my husband has had loads over the years! They never queried it.

Archived