457 sponsorship for a Graphic Designer - Sydney

Does anybody know of any big firms or anyone really to contact regarding jobs for an experienced graphic designer in or around Sydney? Only avenue is via 457; over 15 years in the trade, and for the past 2 have owned own a small business design and printing with two employees.

I would suggest you look at seek.com.au

However, do be aware of what a 457 is. It is not a permanent visa and has no automatic path to residence. So, yo would need to assume you would be going back at some point. Also, be aware of the restrictions - the main one being it is tied to the employer, so if you were to lose your job for any reason, you would only have 90 days to find a company willing and able to take it over, or leave the country. There are a number of other issues you should investigate.

If the reason you can only go down the 457 route is age, then I would suggest you read this thread http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/moving-back-uk/247072-advice-wanted-what-do.html

Can progress to another visa that is also employer sponsored but is a pr one (the code has left my head). 457 is the only route I am afraid, for my stepdad who is 43 and as stated is a graphic designer so is not sponsored by any states otherwise this would be a route to take :( its also only on csol so no direct pr option sadly x

Can progress to another visa that is also employer sponsored but is a pr one (the code has left my head). 457 is the only route I am afraid, for my stepdad who is 43 and as stated is a graphic designer so is not sponsored by any states otherwise this would be a route to take :( its also only on csol so no direct pr option sadly x

Not *can* rather he *might* be able to get a permanent employer sponsored visa, if he can find a willing sponsor.

Many occupations on the CSOL do have a direct PR option, through state or employer sponsorship.

Be aware that many employers will not sponsor PR - even when they say they will at the beginning and there is no way to force them. A lot of companies prefer to keep people as 457 as it prevents them leaving. I have worked for 3 companies that changed their policies while I was there. Two major international companies and one smaller company.

Also, if he didn't gain it before 50, he probably never would.

• 1 month later...

Hi, never give up hope if it is what you really want. I am a Graphic Designer too and registered an EOI in March 2015 even though no states were sponsoring. In Feb 2016 totally out of the blue we received a NSW state sponsorship offer, to which we jumped at the chance. NSW say that although Graphic Design not on the SOL list, they do currently have demand in that area. We have been for our medicals today and hope soon to receive a 190 PR visa. Good luck.