payslip 2nd year visa help

slr088

hey people, iv recently started working for a farm, they want to pay me by cheque and give me payslips.. but i wont be paying tax and the payslip wont state anything other than my pay and days worked. will immigration accept this when i send all payslips and job information to them for 2nd year?

hey people, iv recently started working for a farm, they want to pay me by cheque and give me payslips.. but i wont be paying tax and the payslip wont state anything other than my pay and days worked. will immigration accept this when i send all payslips and job information to them for 2nd year?

Why aren't you going to be paying tax? I thought that the rules about WHV being considered non resident for tax were already in, or is that from 1st July?

well i thought i would have been paying tax. but then my employer said they paying me by cheque. im getting paid quite well and they fill out all the relevent forms and my conditions are great. its just the payslips wont state any tax or super payments. i cant find any info onlline

well i thought i would have been paying tax. but then my employer said they paying me by cheque. im getting paid quite well and they fill out all the relevent forms and my conditions are great. its just the payslips wont state any tax or super payments. i cant find any info onlline

Well being paid by cheque does not exempt one from tax. You need to find out why you are apparently not paying tax, because it is relevant to your first question. If you do not pay tax but you should be, then no this work is not going to be acceptable for the second year WHV. How much do you expect to earn in the tax year? From this and any other employment you may have had.

You maybe need to establish the nature of your engagement, is it as an employee or a contractor? If you are an employee then the employer needs to administer payroll properly. If you are a contractor, then you need to look into getting yourself set up as one and then you sort out the tax yourself.

Depending on what your doing in SA some contractors need a license to work

Your employer should be deducting your tax and paying super plus giving you a payslip weekly ( if your paid weekly that is ) regardless of if your casual ,part time or full time

Have you presented any of your pay cheques into your bank yet ? My hubby had a bloke who ran a fairly big buisness but wrote cheques Willynilly and they bounced leaving us with fees !