Villages around monmouth

Sustain

Have a Russian girlfriend who may have found work in a school in this town.

Any recommendations for quiet villages 5 to 10 miles from Monmouth?

Monmouth itself is a beautiful little town, it's not to big but has everything you need. If you are just looking for a village with nothing else but maybe a small pub, Llangrove is lovely and quiet, as is pretty much anywhere around Monmouth. It's such a beautiful part of the U.K. - I'm moving back to that area (ish) in the next few weeks and cannot wait!! I lived in the area for about six years so if you have any questions feel free to ask!

I'm moving back to that area (ish) in the next few weeks and cannot wait!! I lived in the area for about six years so if you have any questions feel free to ask!

What are the journey times like:

To Bristol

To London (expect its drive/park/train)

Any stand out places for lunch/pubs in these surrounding villages or Monmouth it self?

Have a Russian girlfriend who may have found work in a school in this town.

Any recommendations for quiet villages 5 to 10 miles from Monmouth?

A couple of friends live in Mitcheldean, half decent pub in the village centre and some nice running routes that take you out in to the country.

I wish I had a Russian girlfriend!

Do you know what they call a beautiful girl in Russia?.......................................................................................................................A tourist:laugh:

Do you know why Russian boys grow moustaches?...........................................................................................................................So they look like their mothers:biglaugh:

Back on topic

She may also be doing a Post Doc at Cardiff, how good is the commute?

Its not too bad if you can commute off peak. Should take about an hour. At peak times the bit of the M4 between Newport and Cardiff is pretty horrendous

Its not too bad if you can commute off peak. Should take about an hour. At peak times the bit of the M4 between Newport and Cardiff is pretty horrendous

She needs to be in Cardiff by 10am and can return by 2pm, so leaving at 9am and returning for school pickup at 3pm sounds fine?

She needs to be in Cardiff by 10am and can return by 2pm, so leaving at 9am and returning for school pickup at 3pm sounds fine?

Should be ok to get in for 10. Is she doing postdoc at the uni or UHW? Bit quicker to get to UHW. Should be ok to get back for 3 (for Monmouth) but i would have a back up plan if she is struggling to get back for the school run. That stretch of motorway on the M4 seems to notorious for accidents....

Worth mentioning there are similar gentrified/countryfied villages within a much easier commute to Cardiff eg Cowbridge and surrounding villages

Should be ok to get in for 10. Is she doing postdoc at the uni or UHW? Bit quicker to get to UHW. Should be ok to get back for 3 (for Monmouth) but i would have a back up plan if she is struggling to get back for the school run. That stretch of motorway on the M4 seems to notorious for accidents....

Her daughter will attend school in Monmouth.

She will lecture postgraduate

Archived