Work Sponsoring oppertunity

ceddy

Hi,

I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction of where to find the correct information.

My daughter aged 25 is in OZ on a second year working holiday visa. Her current work place are keen to sponsor

her for a role they are struggling to fill, Apprentice Chef,she has worked there since November as a waitress and

various other roles.The owners have no idea where to start looking at investigating this avenue but are keen to keep

my daughter. Her WHV ends end of June. Any advice would be gratefully received, I can then pass on the information.

Hi, Yes thanks I know Chef is on there. My daughter has met quite a few backpackers who have been sponsored even a chap who works in a call centre.

My hubby is browsing the Gov site to see how this is done from a Employer perspective.

Hi,

I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction of where to find the correct information.

My daughter aged 25 is in OZ on a second year working holiday visa. Her current work place are keen to sponsor

her for a role they are struggling to fill, Apprentice Chef,she has worked there since November as a waitress and

various other roles.The owners have no idea where to start looking at investigating this avenue but are keen to keep

my daughter. Her WHV ends end of June. Any advice would be gratefully received, I can then pass on the information.

From what you have posted, subclass 457 is probably the best option to look at.

Apprentices cannot be sponsored, at least not as apprentices, nor can waitresses be sponsored.

For a 457 visa, your daughter would have to be sponsored for an occupation that is listed on the CSOL - use a Google search.

Some of the issues involved include: satisfying the minister that the applicant has a combination of academic qualifications, training and work experience to perform the tasks of the nominated occupation and the prospective employer is unable to find an Australian citizen, or permanent resident to fill the role, must show that the role is necessary for the conduct of the business and must satisfy the training benchmark criterion, which involves spending either 1% or 2 % of payroll on training (depending on the particulars of the case) and continuing this for the duration of the visa period - that can be up to 4 years.

It is a good idea for people on a WHV who have plans to stay longer to take advice about employment strategy, but they usually don't.

There is much more to it than I have covered here. May I suggest that you contact a registered migration agent for an assessment of the possibilities?

I can tell you that unless someone is a manager in a call centre (with qualifications and experience) then they could not have been sponsored. My husbands work place wanted to sponsor him and he had customer services and technical training (Certs) plus many years of experience.

After spending a long time around backpackers I have learnt there is always more to the story than you hear. Either they are qualified in a field needed, or their work places are lying about the position, which is visa fraud.

She could train to be a chef of a student visa and then they sponsor her, but that's very expensive. Otherwise she hasn't got a chance in that job I'm afraid.

Thanks for the imput Blossom, Cook and Barista are also on the list, I have passed all the information I have gathered to my daughter, she will give it to owners and they can take it from there.Hopefully something can be worked out.

Thanks for that NickyNook. Lesson to myself, Do my own research. Just gave my hubby a row for giving me the wrong information.

Either way it is now up to the employer to contact Mara Agent and see where it goes from there. If there is no option for sponsorship

it's not the end of the world she will go to New Zealand and continue her adventures.

Archived