Moving back to Scotland

Terry Mackenzie

I've just had a quote for 40ft container, them packing without insurance from Darwin to Uk for $15,000! :rolleyes:

We were quoted something stupid like that too back when we decided to get out.

It worked out far cheaper to flog off our furniture and put cartons of personal stuff back as" part load" in a "shared" container. Even the personal stuff was not that valuable, we never even took insurance on it. Cant remember what we paid but I think it was around $1000 at the time and it was with Allied Pickfords who were great to deal with.

Our stuff took forever to arrive because we took the el cheapo option, but that was no problem, none of it was urgent.

Three years ago it cost us $4k Fremantle to Grangemouth - we packed our own boxes though.

May have shot up since then as a lot more people are going in that direction.

Hey very stormy.

Do you mind if i ask roughly what you managed to fit into the small move cube.

Myself and my husband are moving back to ireland in the next 5 or so weeks and are weighing up between the various move cubes. We dont really have much furniture at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. I don't know details from Melbourne but from Perth I do. Plus if you like hit up the guys I used in Scotland. This is my post from just last week. Good luck and if anyone has questions please message me as I don't look back here often but I do get email notification of messages.

Regards

Craig

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/moving-back-uk/247018-finally-back-uk-set-up.html

Archived