Areas to live gold coast?

Gary J Searle

Hi,

I may be lucky enough to be offered work and a visa on the gold coast. I have visited the area only once in my early 20's, so am looking for advice on the best areas to live. It will be myself (30) and my fiancé (25). We have no children and are into the gym and beach life, nice meals out and cinema. We are moving over from west london and would be renting for the meantime.

Have done some research and looks like broadbeach may be an option? Southport seems to have lots of propertys for rent though. Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Broadbeach will be nice for you. There's many apartments, houses and a big shopping centre 'Pacific fair'. it will suit you and your fiance's lifestyle.

Whereas Southport is kind of old part of Gold coast, it has many shops and houses but I guess, not the best suburb on the Gold coast.

Lucky you! I am currently living in Toowoomba where there's nothing.. I used to live on the gold coast and I and my partner miss it a lot.

Hope you enjoy ur stay on the coast! :)

Id personal look South of your workplace, Varsity lakes may give you that little 'street cafe' feeling and the houses are newer and modern. Merrimac has quite a few gated complexs which may tick your boxes as normally thers a gym, pool etc provided. Inland a little Worongary is nice as is Mudgeerraba... Lots of nice areas around for you to choose from so you will be spoilt for choice,lol

Cal x

I've just come down to Sydney after spending last 6 months up on 'the Coast'. I was living at Broadbeach (with my girlfriend) in an apartment ... I love it. Loved being closed to the action, but just far enough out of Surfers to have some peace and quiet. Lots of transport options (buses) that run pretty regularly too.

• 5 weeks later...
Hi,

I may be lucky enough to be offered work and a visa on the gold coast. I have visited the area only once in my early 20's, so am looking for advice on the best areas to live. It will be myself (30) and my fiancé (25). We have no children and are into the gym and beach life, nice meals out and cinema. We are moving over from west london and would be renting for the meantime.

Have done some research and looks like broadbeach may be an option? Southport seems to have lots of propertys for rent though. Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Hi, just wondering if you made it to the GC and if so, where did you end up moving to. Also do you like it there?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi Sparkle! All other input is welcome! 

We are looking at Benowa when we emigrate to Oz at the end of December. Starting the NY in our new country! I'm on a Temp 482 initially however longer term we are looking to apply for PR if all goes well 🙂 in year 3.

We're staying with my brother in Carrara for a couple of weeks, then have a serviced apartment for 4 weeks in Broadbeach, from there we hope to move into rented accommodation hopefully early Feb so there's a bit of an overlap and our stuff will arrive at around that same time. 

We've Kind of focussed on Benowa as it's close to my brother but has a better state school in that catchment, although there is also Bundall and Ashmore which look good? 

I'll be working in Brisbane, my hubby will be a stay at home dad for about 6 months before looking for work locally. I'm happy with the commute as it's less than I do now and we will be close to my bro and broadbeach which we like. 

Any advice on the primary schools and areas would be really appreciated. 

Thanks All, 

Gen

The Gold Coast is a beautiful place that has been my home for over 7 years . People generally choose places to settle depending on work commitments ,  life choices and cost. The northern suburbs are an easier commute to Brisbane , the southern areas are closer to beaches . I would always suggest a holiday stay if possible to have a good look around the areas before making a commitment to a specific area as everyone likes something different , but the good Coast has lots to offer and great for all ages a great place to live 

• Like 1