Visa identification at departure airport and on entry to Australia

martyfenwick

Can anyone advise what visa identification I need to provide to the airline upon departure from the UK and also on entry to Australia?

I am flying with Emirates from the UK to Perth and I believe I need to show visa documentation to them and obviously to the border protection in Perth, WA.

All I have is the Visa Grant Letter/Notices that were triggered from the ImmiAccount system. Should I have anything else? Is there anything more formal I need to present?

Can anyone advise what visa identification I need to provide to the airline upon departure from the UK and also on entry to Australia?

I am flying with Emirates from the UK to Perth and I believe I need to show visa documentation to them and obviously to the border protection in Perth, WA.

All I have is the Visa Grant Letter/Notices that were triggered from the ImmiAccount system. Should I have anything else? Is there anything more formal I need to present?

When I have gone I have never shown any visa identification as it was done on the ImmiAccount and all done electronically.

What visa are you going on?

Your visa status should be automatically available to the check in agent on their computer system, although you should also have the grant letter with you. It's that simple.

You can also get a visa label in your passport, but it costs money and is generally not necessary. I had one printed because we travel to places where they don't have the electronic check in system (East Timor and other places in Asia)

When I have gone I have never shown any visa identification as it was done on the ImmiAccount and all done electronically.

What visa are you going on?

Hi, i'm going on a 189 visa with my family. My wife's sister flew to Australia around 5 years ago and there was some confusion with their visa at the airport in the UK and they had to wait at the check-in desk whilst it was sorted out. They _nearly_ missed their flight because of it. I'm just trying to avoid a scenario like that.

• 2 weeks later...
carry a printout of the updated status from Vevo - just in case. Don't forget your passport!

Hi

I need a clarification..

I and my wife have visa grant (189 and I am the main applicant). We need to make our first entry before Oct 2016... just wanted to confirm if both I and My wife need to make the entry together or she can arrive first for a week and I can join later...both have separate visa grant numbers and no specific conditions...

Appreciate if you could thru some light on this...

Guest Guest115110

If there are no specific conditions on the visa grant letter then there isn't an issue as long as the validation trip is made before the indicative date.

Can my wife enter before me....

If there are no specific conditions on the visa grant letter then there isn't an issue as long as the validation trip is made before the indicative date.

Asked and answered

Just a quick question from me - we are expecting our visa to be granted any day now. Do we get any sort of paperwork or is it all just linked to our passport?

Hi

If it's anything like when our son got his PR, it's both as his is linked to his passport and he had a copy attached to the grant email.

I think it may be the same for us 143ers!

Best of luck

Steve

Guest Guest115110
Just a quick question from me - we are expecting our visa to be granted any day now. Do we get any sort of paperwork or is it all just linked to our passport?

You won't face any issues at the Australian airports as the visa is linked to your passport. However, it's recommended to keep a copy of the visa grant letter. There are some places where the airlines or immigration folks still (unfortunately) don't recognize that Australia is visa label free.

You can also generate a PDF at https://online.immi.gov.au/evo/firstParty?actionType=query

Better safe than sorry!

Hi,

what at visa did you apply for? I have the 189 visa and I was never sent any paperwork other than the visa grant notices that are attached to the email sent from your case officer. If you print these off and take them to you when you go to the airport to start your journey to Australia you will be fine.

i was asked to show my grant notice letters at Glasgow airport, but nothing else.

hope this helps.

Archived