Moving to australia- Can i take IPHONE and getting Oz email adress

marie

Hi,

I was wondering if I bought a new iPhone (sim free unlocked) here in the Uk. Can I take it to Australia and just put in an Australian sim card?

How will it work for downloading apps? can I still use the same ITunes log in?

Also getting an Australian email address- can you get one in the UK prior to moving to Oz?

Yes you can but you will have to manage your Apple ID and change to the Aussie ap store

if you have a Hotmail address or similar Yahoo Gmail etc you can use it anywhere

Check out the cost of a new IPhone in Oz though as I bought mine at Big W it was unlocked and it was cheaper than the Uk

I'd just use a gmail address and not bother with an aus one. I've not used an Aus once since I've been here. Long used things like gmail for email.

I'd buy an iPhone in Aus if you plan to buy one new for Aus. Your iTunes UK account won't work here. Its an Aus iTunes store. I think if you keep your UK bank account and so on and pay for iTunes stuff off the UK site etc you can still use the UK iTunes but tbh, its a hassle.

If you plan to live in Aus, I'd just go with the Aus set up on a new phone.

I'd just use a gmail address and not bother with an aus one. I've not used an Aus once since I've been here. Long used things like gmail for email.

I'd buy an iPhone in Aus if you plan to buy one new for Aus. Your iTunes UK account won't work here. Its an Aus iTunes store. I think if you keep your UK bank account and so on and pay for iTunes stuff off the UK site etc you can still use the UK iTunes but tbh, its a hassle.

If you plan to live in Aus, I'd just go with the Aus set up on a new phone.

You can keep the same Apple ID so the iTunes account does work you just need to change your ID to ' tell it' that your now in Oz

You could put UK apps on before you leave then once in Oz and you have changed the regions so to speak put Aussie apps on Its sometimes a pain if the Apps need updating as you need to,swap back to the other region but it does work

i brought my phone from Oz to UK and did the above now plan on moving back to Oz and doing the phone all over again

Agree with the others- buy Apple stuff in Aus. The two itunes suits is a pain in the bum but if you've still got a UK bank card of some description you can buy things in the UK store - or but a gift card and put that credit on it then using a different email address and Aus bank card set up in the Aus store. I use the same password on mine because i am forever needing to put passwords in four something our other. Its easy enough once you get the hang of it

Thing is if you have UK apps ie your UK banking to update them you need to go back onto the UK App Store to me it's best to keep the same Apple ID and just swap the regions it's not really hard

Kindle is the same Amazon UK is different from Aussie Amazon

Tech life can be so difficult lol

Archived