Import permit for kids electric car and scooter?????

Hi all

just a quick question, we are flying to Brisbane on 1st July and have had a shipping company come to quote our shipping costs. We have a kids electric car and also shooter both run on battery's but we're advised we need an import permit for both as aus class them an vehicles????

does anyone have any information about doing this please?

also we were advised to cut the Berry's off our fake Christmas tree - has anyone else had to do this?

thanks

Cara

Yes, even fake berries need to go.

And re the kids car and scooter, its entirely plausible they need a permit. Personally, I'd not bother shipping that sort of thing but that is me.

Yes, even fake berries need to go.

And re the kids car and scooter, its entirely plausible they need a permit. Personally, I'd not bother shipping that sort of thing but that is me.

Thanks snifter, I'm not sure it's worth it either but the kids love them! See what the cost is I suppose. Thanks again

thanks Patphillips47 - Santa and his wand! What could he possibly have done ha ha. Thanks for the info!

Maybe waved it and got through quarantine quickly lol The reason it was confiscated was they thought the wood had not been treated ,they could have fumigated it but that would have cost more than half a dozen Santas so he was left forlorn on the shelf

They also at the same time steam cleaned an electric lawnmower (which was by the way spotless ) not only had they cleaned it they took it apart to do it

So that too was left on the shelf !

Leaving our lawnmower behind when we go back to Adelaide soon as its too hard

Now I'm wondering how worried to be about some of my workshop items or the old Dyson ? Won't bother to take any 'Garden' tools anyhow.

Cleaned tools should be ok, just ensure there is no rust or dirt, just like shoes.

Id chuck the vacuum, buy a new one before your container leaves, declare it as brand new in the box (we did) and it will be fine. You are allowed to import $900 (it used to be) of new stuff anyway, use it on a specific item. It was the only item i claimed as less than twelve months old.

You then have the old one to do a last clean with before putting it on ebay for pickup as you walk out the door.