Partner visa - help uploading evidence!

Jen McSweeney

Hi guys,

my partner and i have begun uploading evidence for our partnership Visa and have worked out that with a limit of 60 files that we are left wondering how we will get all our evidence on the system. For example, i have 250 screen shots of facebook messenger correspondance from when we were apart. Can anyone tech savvy give me any advice as to how i can get these as one document? Or is there something we're not seeing that will allow us to upload all the photos?

thanks in advance for any advice

Hi guys,

my partner and i have begun uploading evidence for our partnership Visa and have worked out that with a limit of 60 files that we are left wondering how we will get all our evidence on the system. For example, i have 250 screen shots of facebook messenger correspondance from when we were apart. Can anyone tech savvy give me any advice as to how i can get these as one document? Or is there something we're not seeing that will allow us to upload all the photos?

thanks in advance for any advice

Combine them together. Either copy & paste into a word doc, or scan several sheets together so they form one document - as long as each document is under 5 MB you are ok. I think one of mine had 20 sheets of bank statements, and another hadabout 20 facebk shots/photos

Hi Jen, I really don't think you need 250 screenshots of Facebook, a few examples would be fine. Case officers really don't wanna trawl through all that. They wanna see formal documentation which shows your relationship, joint bank accounts, bills to the same address. That kind of stuff. Photos/letters etc.. Should be minimal

Agree with the above. Don't send in all the screen shots. That is not the sort of thing they are after. Anyone can have FB conversations.

You need proper evidence to support your de facto. You should still have a proper paper trial to show you have been sharing a life together, even if being apart because of work or some such. You can write in your supporting statements about your living apart and why, you don't need 250 screen shots from FB to explain that. Your CO does not want that sort of thing. Explain if you need to why you had to live apart (ie one of you got a new job in a different city so had to go live there Mon-Fri but came back on weekends and stayed on the leas of your home or some such). Surely you can explain it properly if there was a genuine reason to be living apart? You could be named in each others wills for the time apart, same with life insurance, car insurance and so on. Those things don't suddenly stop or end just because a couple has to be apart for a while.

Archived