need help with job search!

April23

Hi,

I have just arrived in Brisbane Aus, and I wanted to find out if anyone knows of any recruitment agencies in Brisbane for finance/admin/accounting jobs for entry level. I haven't got any office experience, only retail, but I still want to try and find jobs in an office/finance environment.

I don't mind working for free for a few weeks, just some work experience would be nice. I have contacted a few recruitment agencies but most of them are saying they want office experience.

Any advise would be great. Thanks in advance.

I think you're going to struggle. Office/Admin jobs are pretty difficult to get even with British Experience. With no experience I don't like your chances. Might be better looking at retail. What visa are you on, this makes a difference too.

Oh okay, didn't think it would be this difficult. I'm on a working holiday visa for 12 months, so I can only work for a company for up to 6 months

Oh okay, didn't think it would be this difficult. I'm on a working holiday visa for 12 months, so I can only work for a company for up to 6 months

This is often the issue with WHV in any country people arrive expecting to find plenty of jobs available then find best case bar jobs , farm jobs or maybe if lucky retail. Generally all casual labour with any office jobs being at a premium and usually prioritised to established residents. You might strike lucky but lack of office experience and being on a WHV need a good deal of luck. Having said that keep positive on what is lifetime experience and something will turn up just might take some time.

This is often the issue with WHV in any country people arrive expecting to find plenty of jobs available then find best case bar jobs , farm jobs or maybe if lucky retail. Generally all casual labour with any office jobs being at a premium and usually prioritised to established residents. You might strike lucky but lack of office experience and being on a WHV need a good deal of luck. Having said that keep positive on what is lifetime experience and something will turn up just might take some time.

okay will do. thanks for your help

Try and find out where Myer ,Kmart Big W etc have their main offices and go in with your CV those stores as do most of the big conglomerates have office staff in the back environs

okay yeah that's great advice. I didn't think of that. Thank you