Are there any nurses who can help me with 189 visa and skills assessment?

jenni9191

Hi, I am new to the site and could really appreciate some tips from other members.

I am a UK registered nurse, currently organizing all of my documents to send to ANMAC for a skills assessment, in the hope of then applying for a 189 visa. My partner is an Australian citizen, currently living with me here in the UK. However, my preference is to obtain a visa to live there independently, through my nursing trade as I have been told the process is quicker than through a de facto visa.

So far, I have collected academic transcripts from university, letters from my managers detailing the specifics of my role and experience. I called the NMC requesting proof of the date I joined the register to send to ANMAC, however received a generic letter which I do not think will be accepted. Am i right in thinking there is a fee for the specific document needed from the NMC as I was not charged anything?

I have booked in to sit an IELTS and will then have all my documents certified by a lawyer. I have all of my identity documents also.

I only have six months left before the WHV my partner is on expires, so really want to ensure I include everything necessary to send to ANMAC. Can anyone think of anything I have missed?

My other question is is there a way for both my partner i to be able to work and live in Australia and the UK without marrying? With sick relatives in Australia and baby's due in the UK, we are stuck between where we need to be.

Any help is appreciated.

Many thanks.

Also, my ANMAC only took 4 working days to come through, so just double check you have everything on the checklist that they want, and that your university has sent off their documents directly to ANMAC too :) You may have it in no time :)

Are you degree-trained?

Hi Kylie, thanks for your reply. Yes I am degree trained. I didn't know the university had to send the academic transcripts to ANMAC as well as to me to send. Well done, you must be so excited. Have you submitted your EOI yet?

No problem - did the ANMAC checklist work for you?

Yeah, EOI is in, and hoping to be invited to apply for visa in the next round on March 9th. It's the AHPRA waiting game that is bothering me more at the moment!

Also, if you are in Scotland, Justice of the Peace will certify your documents for free!

Thanks. I am just requesting that the nmc send my documents to ANMAC, the canberra address. Did you ask them to send it to any other institutions?

How did you find the IELTS? I have mine soon and so many people have told me it's a nightmare.

I would also do AHPRA registration at the same time as it will save you money, most of the documents are the same so if you do them separately you will end up paying the notary twice and the NMC twice.

Also make sure the lawyer who is certifying documents meets their requirements, AHPRA are picky so you want to ensure they are a notary which will be more expensive but is required.

Thanks. I am just requesting that the nmc send my documents to ANMAC, the canberra address. Did you ask them to send it to any other institutions?

How did you find the IELTS? I have mine soon and so many people have told me it's a nightmare.

I struggled to get over 7.5 in the writing in 2 IELTS sittings, I needed 8s for the points on the visa however the skills assessment only needs 7. I then sat PTE-A and got more or less maximum marks, however I am not sure if PTE-A can be used for ANMAC, DIBP accept it for the visa itself though.

Hi, thanks so much for your reply. I hadn't even thought of APHRA! I am now requesting that my university posts academic transcripts out to ANMAC and APHRA at the same time. Can you tell me how I know which office to post them to as there are so many across Australia?

Guest Priscilla101

Depending on what your uni sends them you may also have to do a 10 week bridging course for pharmokodynamics (criterion 8) from AHPRA

you need justice of peace or public notary for AHPRA not lawyer or solicitor

We had some bad news overnight. My partners mum has been diagnosed with terminal lung ca. Now we really need to get back to Australia ASAP. Does anyone know if it's true that I can go back there on a tourist visa then go with him to the court and provide evidence of our De facto relationship of over 2 years?

I plan to submit everything to anmac and aphra before we go but need to know if I'm going to be allowed to live and work there?

What an awful situation to be in.

We had some bad news overnight. My partners mum has been diagnosed with terminal lung ca. Now we really need to get back to Australia ASAP. Does anyone know if it's true that I can go back there on a tourist visa then go with him to the court and provide evidence of our De facto relationship of over 2 years?

I plan to submit everything to anmac and aphra before we go but need to know if I'm going to be allowed to live and work there?

I would suggest speaking with a migration agent at this point. You need to be over there so you need solid advise, we can all provide our experiences on here but it is not based on exact knowledge of the rules, therefore a migration agent is best placed to help you.

Even if you just do the initial consultation they can tell you your options and you can then go and pursue them yourself.

No you can't.

You can come over on a tourist visa on holiday, then if you change your mind once you are here and want to stay you can apply onshore for a spouse visa.

Takes about a year though, long long long gone are the days when you could take the papers to somewhere like Australia House and get a spouse visa over the counter!

Archived