School registration

Loulou

Hi all,

Emigrating 2nd May after a difficult decision due to family health, just wondering am I able to register my children in school prior to leaving? We are heading to quest in mandurah for short term accommodation so could I use this address? My children will both be in secondary school year 7&8 anyone know the catchment schools for this area as we will be living in mandurah when we get a rental.

Thanks

It depends on the pressure on school places in your vicinity. Many public schools (meaning state schools in Australia) are at the point where they will only accept pupils who live in their catchment area (meaning they have to take them even if they're full) and will need hard evidence (such as lease documents) to prove that the pupils really do live in the catchment area.

No, you will need lease documents as the other posters have said. Having said that, you should be able to register them on one day to start the next if you are on a PR visa or a citizen. In some states, you need 'permission to enrol' if you are on certain temporary visas, but it all happens quite quickly.