Assesment in progress - Aggghhhhh come on

Robwilliams1983

Submitted all documents and then requested to provide medical. This has been done and now the frustration of having to wait and check emails every 5 minutes begins.

Assesment in progress it says on my immi account, just glad they dont need to check my previous employment history.

Come on I just want the golden ticket, along with everyone else of course.

When do the grant emails generally get sent out, or is it just as and when the officer approves your visa?

I don't think there is any pattern in when the grants are given out. Every case Is different. In my own experience, I think it was about 5-6 weeks after they requested documents to visa grant. That was over the Christmas and new year period as well.

My own advise to you would be to try and forget about it for a few days at a time. Or just check your emails in the morning when you wake up. Chances are if you haven't had an email by then you won't get one till at least the next day.

Submitted all documents and then requested to provide medical. This has been done and now the frustration of having to wait and check emails every 5 minutes begins.

Assesment in progress it says on my immi account, just glad they dont need to check my previous employment history.

When do the grant emails generally get sent out, or is it just as and when the officer approves your visa?

Not sure about your subclass but heres how it normally works.

Once you get asked further docs give yourself 28 days after you submit the docs requested.

Some case officers put your file aside and set a reminder for 20 or 25 or 28 days for wxample and re open cases and go through the submitted docs. It could be doen earlier but it entirely depends on co to co. (Case officer). Some case officers want to get rid of their workload or some would just put them aside n ignore or some would get busy with other files and your turn will come when it comes.

Theres no clear info how it works , immi is a secret monster. But keep your faith but do give yourself few days target it might help you avoid anxiety attack lol.

But from what i can see your file is soon to get a grant. Best of luck

Just to offer some insight, there are no longer any individual case officers. This practice ceased some time ago.

The two processing centres in Brisbane and Adelaide work together as if they were the same office. It's common for applications to pass between 20-30 processing officers before a decision is made.

LOL, Reading this brought back memory's as i am pretty sure i posted a very similar post back when we applied in 2006... The waiting drove me insane but when you get that golden e-mail it is all worth it,lol.. Good luck and i hope they don't keep you waiting much longer.

Cal x

Archived