My company want me to stay - But cannot sponsor me

Briggs0102

Hi All

I've spoken with my company who I'm working for on a 3 month contract, they have made the position perm & would like me to stay full time, however as it's a council job they do not offer sponsorship. What can I do in order to allow myself to work full time? Can I apply for the 189/190 in order to allow myself to work full time in this role?

by the way I'm an IT professional

Thank you

Briggsy

Hi All

I've spoken with my company who I'm working for on a 3 month contract, they have made the position perm & would like me to stay full time, however as it's a council job they do not offer sponsorship. What can I do in order to allow myself to work full time? Can I apply for the 189/190 in order to allow myself to work full time in this role?

by the way I'm an IT professional

Thank you

Briggsy

Is is the role on the SOL or CSOL?

I assume you're on a working holiday visa.

You need to check whether your occupation is on the SOL. If it is, then you also need to check whether you have the required qualifications and experience. If so, then you can apply for a 189 visa - but it will take time. Will your employer be willing to wait for you to get your visa?

Think you mention on another post you are over here on a working holiday visa. You must have made an impression after only 4 weeks in the job.

Thanks Jessica, I don't think it's unfair for me to say I'm good at my job (I mean that in a confident, not an arrogant way!). IT is a funny World, as it's very hard to grasp if somebody really knows what they are doing in an IT interview, plus it's very easy to 'lie' your way through an IT interview. Meaning a company can go through a number of people in short term spending quite a lot of bucks. Some IT pros also are very good at IT, but don't have great people skills, where as my people skills in general are pretty good (At least for an IT pro! lol)

Yes I am over here on a working holiday, so I can still work here legally for another 5 months, which fingers crossed would be enough time for the permanent visa to process (providing it get's accepted!)

Archived