Friends Reunited Closing Down

tonyman

Just a reminder and heads up , this site will be cloing down at the end of the month , if you have any photos on it then save them as they will be lost forever.

Im going through all my old schoool and sports pics , so many good memories to save .....and such a shame Facebook ruined it ,Friends Reunited a site we probably took for granted that changed the way we communicated many years ago and almost gone for good ....:sad:

It long ago passed its sell by date. Most of those pictures are online somewhere I'd think and could be found with a bit of an internet search.

I remember checking it out when it first launched but honestly, it was a clunky site and hasn't really improved a great deal from what I can see.

Facebook did it better and cracked it for how to expand globally, increase membership etc. All without charging any money. Friends Reunited charged for membership for a while and I think that cost them.

MySpace, Livejournal.. so many sites that had many people using them but none of them could really crack it when it came to it. Some closed down, others relaunched in a different format.

Just a reminder and heads up , this site will be cloing down at the end of the month , if you have any photos on it then save them as they will be lost forever.

Im going through all my old schoool and sports pics , so many good memories to save .....and such a shame Facebook ruined it ,Friends Reunited a site we probably took for granted that changed the way we communicated many years ago and almost gone for good ....:sad:

Outdated now, but I managed to get in touch with several primary school friends through it and we're still in touch

Archived