Change of circumstances JUST before 189 grant

luddite

Hi guys,

I have a question about submitting the "changes in circumstances" form. My situation is like this:

I applied for the 189 while I was unemployed in Sept 2015. I then received a job offer and was supposed to join on 1st Jan in another city than where I was living (but same country I was living). But suddenly the company asked me to join earlier on the 28th of Dec and I did. I received my 189 visa grant on 30th Dec. I never imagined it would be so quick!

I'm scared about the fact that I didn't submit my change of circumstances form within those 2 days that I moved and joined the company. Will there be any consequences for this? Should I submit the form now?

In all honesty, I was planning to submit it once I had a new address, but it took me till late Jan to find an apartment, and I technically still had my old address lease till mid-Feb. It was also a new city and I didn't really have much computer facilities access to submit the form.

I can submit it now, but would there be any questions as to why I didn't do it before? Or should I not submit it? Any suggestions?

You have the visa now so keeping them up to date on your job situation is not needed, your visa was not granted due to your future employment.

As to address I have just sold my house and have no intention to inform DIBP, I am not expecting anything in the post from them.

You have the visa now so keeping them up to date on your job situation is not needed, your visa was not granted due to your future employment.

As to address I have just sold my house and have no intention to inform DIBP, I am not expecting anything in the post from them.

Exactly. Your visa is granted and thats it finished. You dont need to do anything else except enjoy planning for the next stage of your new life.

• 2 months later...

I applied for 189 in November 2015, I submitted form 80 in Dec 2015. Visa grant is still awaited, my question is:

I am planning to visit some foreign country in May 2016 for two weeks, do i need to inform DIBP about my foreign visit? If yes, how? do i have to fill in Form 1022?

Please advise!!

Regards

Mechy

Archived