Expired Permanent Residency

pwilkinson1

In my case my son was born in Aus and is a Citizen. His mother and I split up in Australia and she demanded to return to UK with him (obviously). My son is now 20 in Australia to build his life there, we are very close (emotionally!!) We arrived in Australia in 1993 and left 1998. I think my compelling reasons to issue a 155 or 157 RRV is that I did not want to be an absent father and cause emotional distress to my son who would not have the love and support of 2 parents and a reasonably normal family life.

Any advice would be great

Many thanks

In my case my son was born in Aus and is a Citizen. His mother and I split up in Australia and she demanded to return to UK with him (obviously). My son is now 20 in Australia to build his life there, we are very close (emotionally!!) We arrived in Australia in 1993 and left 1998. I think my compelling reasons to issue a 155 or 157 RRV is that I did not want to be an absent father and cause emotional distress to my son who would not have the love and support of 2 parents and a reasonably normal family life.

Any advice would be great

Many thanks

You post is a bit confusing, so is this the scenario.....

You have a PR visa

Your son is an Aus citizen

You all went back to the UK in 1998 and you have not been back to Australia since

Your son is now back in Australia, as an adult, and you want to move here to be near him.

Hi, I just saw your post on an old thread from 2014 where you asked how I managed to renew my Permanent Resident Visa after my being away from Australia for 20 years.

I emigrated from UK to Sydney on a Spouse Visa (my then husband was a New Zealander)

I lived in Sydney from 1990 to 1994.

My two eldest daughters were born in Sydney.

Moved back to England in 1994.

In 2013 I applied for a Return Resident Visa so that I could return to Australia with my three daughters (youngest was born in England)

With my application, I attached a very detailed time-line letter of all the life events which prevented me from returning to Australia sooner.

These included, proof of four years of Court Hearings with the ex husband. Medical documents to show years of hospital treatment for first daughter. Medical evidence and Special Education schooling for second daughter. Proof of my University studies.

The Immigration Officer stated that the fact two of my daughters are Australian citizens, only played a small part when considering whether to grant my RRV. Much emphasis was placed on the reasons why I had not returned in 20 years.

I was granted my RRV (whole process took three months) I then applied for a Resident Visa for my youngest daughter, which obviously was granted as she was 13 at the time.

I must add - I was granted a 12 month RRV.

I was unable to make the move within that time frame, for all sorts of c reasons. So I booked a holiday to Australia and whilst here,I applied for the 5 year RRV, which was granted within two weeks.

We finally made the permanent moved to the Gold Coast in July 2015. Definitely here to stay now.

Every case is different, every Immigration Officer is different. I know my chances of being granted a RRV were slim but I had to try.

No medicals or Police checks were required.

I wish you all the best with your application.

If you need any help with your cover letter, let me know.

Regards

I relied

Hi

You're welcome.

No I didn't use an Immigration Expert but that's my 0ersonality coming into play - I prefer to do things alone.

I made sure I had a couple of telephone calls with my appointed Immigration Officer to give the personal touch to my application.

I know I am stating the obvious but when you write your letter of reasons why you have not returned to Australia, don't send it straight away. Leave it for a few days and you'll be surprised at the things you'll remember to add to it.

Your final draft will be so much better than your first.

Regards

• 1 month later...

Hi Sparkle67, I have been back in the UK for 8 years, due to diffirent circumstances, my PR 136 visa expired in 2010. I would like to get a RRV, for a year and do what you did, by going over to

Australia, and applying for a 5 year RRV. I know that my evidence would have to be very good in the first place to get the RRV, any help with the covering letter would be most appreciated.

Regards

Hi Sparkle67, I have been back in the UK for 8 years, due to diffirent circumstances, my PR 136 visa expired in 2010. I would like to get a RRV, for a year and do what you did, by going over to

Australia, and applying for a 5 year RRV. I know that my evidence would have to be very good in the first place to get the RRV, any help with the covering letter would be most appreciated.

Regards

You will not get a 5 year RRV unless you have spent two of the last five years living in Australia. This rule was brought in two or three years ago, the poster you quoted must have been just before it.