Applied for eHealth application, concerned EOI invite may expire

Wicketkeeper

Afternoon,

I recently submitted my EOI for 189 and thought might as well apply for the eHealth so I get my medicals done by the time I have an invitation to apply.

Got the invitation last week and have not heard anything back from the eHealth application. Only been couple of weeks since I applied for eHealth application though.

Has anyone done anything similar? i.e. have their health checks before application.

What was the process like?

Finally, if it comes to it I'm considering applying for a visa application and putting a note down to say I have applied for eHealth but have not heard anything back.

Advice on this would be appreciated.

Hi. I'm also in the same predicament! Planned to front load police and medical checks between EOI and hopeful invite. Got police checks sorted but when I went to do the health declaration I realised I needed passports for my three children which are now in the post. Anyhow to our surprise after only submitting the EOI last Tuesday we have received an invite today! So now not sure if I should go ahead with visa application or get the medicals done first. How long has it taken you so far since you submitted your health declaration?

You do not need to do the medicals before applying, depending on how long the visa takes to grant it could leave you with little time to enter Australia.

You must enter within a year of the date on your police check or medical, whichever is earliest. This is why most people wait until they are asked by the CO to submit them.

Unless you are in a tearing hurry I would wait until asked, under normal circumstances it will only add a couple of weeks to the process, unless of course you have to apply to a country that takes ages for police checks.

Thank you all for your replies.

To answer some of the queries.

I could have waited for the CO to assign us the HAP ID but thought might get the police checks and the Health aspect covered by the time I have to apply.

Still no response from eHealth as of 17 Feb, Applied for eHealth on 5th of Feb.

From the comment above. You have to visit Aus before the police checks expire? This is news to me. I guess another reason I want this done sooner.

Archived