Travel Insurance (family member illness in UK)

pj183600

Hi all I remember hearing about an insurance policy you can take out where your travel costs are covered back to UK in the event of serious family member illness. I can't find too much on the web about this. Anyone ever heard of this or used such a product?

That was something I enquired about when I first came to Australia paid for it and also never needed it. When it lapsed I didn't bother enquiring again. Always had an "escape" fund for emergencies. Only needed it once when Mum was ill. Managed to get a flight the day after the dreaded phone call.

Guest The Pom Queen

Migration Cover is a new insurance for people who are or have migrated. This covers not only your flights to go home if a loved one dies but also to get you home if you lose your job when you move over to Australia. It's an excellent idea and gives you the reassurance when making the big move that if things don't work out you can get back home. http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/243693-migration-insurance-cover.html is the link explaining it a bit more

Migration Cover is a new insurance for people who are or have migrated. This covers not only your flights to go home if a loved one dies but also to get you home if you lose your job when you move over to Australia. It's an excellent idea and gives you the reassurance when making the big move that if things don't work out you can get back home. http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/243693-migration-insurance-cover.html is the link explaining it a bit more

I saw the migration cover and got a quote. I thought the price was a bit high. I didn't seem to have an option to take out the redundancy part.

Archived