Flights booked to Brisbane

The Smith Clan

Yes, we're headed to Brisbane (myself, wife & daughter). We still don't know which suburb is for us, so we'll explore for a while & do some of the tourist things on our list while we have the chance. I've started job hunting but I don't really expect to secure one until I'm there, so we're full of excitement & trepidation!!

@The Smith Clan - just don't let your sister turn it into too much of a holiday! If you want to make the right decision, then at least two of those three weeks should be spent touring the suburbs and going to look at houses to see what you can really afford, checking out schools, and making appointments with recruitment agencies to discuss your prospects. You should go to the supermarket with your sister when she does her weekly shop so you can see what prices are like.

You are going at a time of year when the weather is COOL by Queensland standards, so keep that in mind when judging the weather!

we'll explore for a while & do some of the tourist things on our list while we have the chance.

Good luck with your move - but do bear in mind that since you're going to spend the rest of your life in Australia, you're going to have plenty of chance to do "those touristy things" on weekends and holidays, so there's no rush!

@The Smith Clan - just don't let your sister turn it into too much of a holiday! If you want to make the right decision, then at least two of those three weeks should be spent touring the suburbs and going to look at houses to see what you can really afford, checking out schools, and making appointments with recruitment agencies to discuss your prospects. You should go to the supermarket with your sister when she does her weekly shop so you can see what prices are like.

You are going at a time of year when the weather is COOL by Queensland standards, so keep that in mind when judging the weather!

Thank you, I am of the mindset that we will stay in UK, but the dh is undecided and wants to still consider while we are out there. My dh has friends in landsbourgh and we will be staying there for a few days, they moved from UK and love it there. Really looking forward to the experience if anything else. I will know for sure when we leave. I love to visit many places but happy to come back home.

Thanks for your advice.

Thank you, I am of the mindset that we will stay in UK, but the dh is undecided and wants to still consider while we are out there. My dh has friends in landsbourgh and we will be staying there for a few days, they moved from UK and love it there. Really looking forward to the experience if anything else. I will know for sure when we leave. I love to visit many places but happy to come back home.

Thanks for your advice.

It is a pity if this is just a holiday as August is not the best month for a holiday imo. I realise that you are limited to school holidays but Easter would have been better. Make sure you pack sweatshirts, jumpers etc as the days are quite short and it is chilly here then when the sun starts to go down. Still shorts weather in the middle of the day though - just about. But no doubt your friends in Landsborough will be telling you that.

Best of luck.

Archived