January 2016 - 189 visa applicants

Theresa13

Can't believe I am even writing this but WE GOT OUR PR!!!!

Not sure how I am able to go into work today, people sure must be thinking I am crazy to have such a wide smile on my face this early on a gloomy dark morning.

Anyway I think the timelines seem to be 3 months from last contact. So after we uploaded docs on Feb 8th, it would have been picked up Feb end and exactly 3 months later we got our PR. If that's the case then some of you guys will get yours really soon. Let's see if the 3 months from last contact works.

All the the best and hang on tight guys

KnK

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If any of you guys are checking through Vevo then just remember to check a few times through the day. My brother checks everyday morning and it wasnt updated this morning. The missus checked at 7am UK time and it was updated on Vevo.

In case you did not know, Vevo is the online visa checking service so if you put the TRN and other details it tells you if a visa is assigned to that TRN number, good for those using agents and wonder if the agent has actually checked their emails :)

All the best guys......I've got a 57% proof Bundoora Rum waiting for me at home, cant wait for the hangover tomorrow morning!!!!

KnK

Can't believe I am even writing this but WE GOT OUR PR!!!!

Not sure how I am able to go into work today, people sure must be thinking I am crazy to have such a wide smile on my face this early on a gloomy dark morning.

Anyway I think the timelines seem to be 3 months from last contact. So after we uploaded docs on Feb 8th, it would have been picked up Feb end and exactly 3 months later we got our PR. If that's the case then some of you guys will get yours really soon. Let's see if the 3 months from last contact works.

All the the best and hang on tight guys

KnK

great news ! Hope mine isn't too much longer .

Good luck for you future

forgot to ask,

what are your Centre locations. I've been told that it doesn't matter whether your at Brisbane or Adelaide as it works a one whole unit. But I can't help seeing that the Brisbane grant dates from "date responded to CO" are behind Adelaide's by a month-ish. I'm going off the majority as theres a few which stick out

@GarrySingh 12th Feb

@thelostcrab 30th March

@lukescotty 12th April - Brisbane

@Charlottehill76 24th May

cheers

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removed info re external site

forgot to ask,

what are your Centre locations. I've been told that it doesn't matter whether your at Brisbane or Adelaide as it works a one whole unit. But I can't help seeing that the Brisbane grant dates from "date responded to CO" are behind Adelaide's by a month-ish. I'm going off the majority as theres a few which stick out

@GarrySingh 12th Feb

@thelostcrab 30th March

@lukescotty 12th April - Brisbane

@Charlottehill76 24th May

cheers

Our agent hasnt told us

Mine is exactly as my signature states. Only contact on Jan 19th for Form 80. Also asked for missus PTE and work reference letters (irrelevant as reference letters already uploaded and missus is secondary applicant with British passport so doesnt have to show proof for English skills)

Docs upload Feb 8th and radio silence ever since....................

KnK

Hi everyone,

We're still waiting too. Extra docs were requested 25/2/16, I uploaded them on 18/3/16.

Hi All,

Any news from any corner? GarrySingh? lukescotty? Charlottehill76?

Crab

no news from us.

Our agent emailed last week with just a courtesy contact to advise still no news but did mention that they is backlog over there and they are taking a month to reply to urgent emails! She will email them in next two weeks /end of month if still no contact back

Our 28 day window to provide last requested evidence was up today... So maybe this week??

We've accepted an offer on our flat here in Uk last week, so we maybe homeless with no belongings soon ...

just waiting on the grant to get things moving now.

We've accepted an offer on our flat here in Uk last week, so we maybe homeless with no belongings soon ...

just waiting on the grant to get things moving now.

Wow, confident move...don't the DIPB specifically advise against things like quitting your job or selling your home until the grant has come through? (on that off-chance that it doesn't)

Edited by richev
formatting

Wow, confident move...don't the DIPB specifically advise against things like quitting your job or selling your home until the grant has come through? (on that off-chance that it doesn't)

We have a flat that is on a interest only repayments mortgage and also has a lease attached so we would be selling it either way anyway to get out the hassle of owning it.

We are lucky that we have parents to move in with whilst waiting for visa and we will just go rent a property if we get rejected ....

we are really not worried about that side of things.

We are putting all our furniture into storage in case visa is refused.

But it yes it does seem like a risky move to others.

hey fellow waiting friends

Still no news on my end either. Seems to be really quiet everywhere, none of the other 'Month' applicant threads are popping up. the overall grants per week have dropped significantly (hardly anyone is from the UK on that site anyway but still)

guess we just keep on waiting....

Edited by MaggieMay24

Thanks everyone for the updates. Charlottehill76 - Indeed a very brave move. But if its not linked with the Aus visa grant, then you would have either done the same.

I have also had a similar kind of response from the agent. Things have slowed down a lot at the moment and visas grants are not quick anymore.

So lets cross the fingers and wait... being so impatient now as the wait is almost 2.5 months ever since we submitted the last document. I also applied for the H1B lottery and missed there for the second time :-( so banking on the Aus visa now.

Crab

Hi All,

I have received this reply from my agent this morning:

The Migration Programme planning level for the Skilled category now has limited number of places left for the 2015-2016 program year. This means processing times will be longer and that once the remaining places are used, the Department cannot grant further visas in this category during this programme year.

As planning levels affect all applications, including those in the final stages of processing, I cannot give you an indication as to the likely timeframe for finalisation of your application.

Looks like your agent is right @thelostcrab

thought i'd do a little bit of speculation from last years grants. It was this time last year (today) that the grants stopped for the month. They resumed on the 1st july and in the first week 81 grants, second week saw 31 grants, and the third week had 16 grants.

I hope all the migration officers are working hard to get through peoples files ready to be granted :S

bring on the 1st july!!

Edited by MaggieMay24

• 2 weeks later...