Stafordshire/Midlands Meet

Guest SEFFnSARAH

Hi,

I have only just found this thread as I was sitting having a read. We are in Warwick so could make it. OH is in Ireland golfing at mo so knows nothing of this. I would love to come but we usually have commitments on Sundays. Will speak to him when he gets back and see if we can change arrangements. Would love to join the meet and hear everyone elses hopes (and moans!)

Look forward to meeting you

Sarah

PS If we can make it there will be 4 of us - me, OH Paul, George 4 and Ciara 3

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest wrangers

Hi Tania

Yep we're still up for it. Asking the boys, Jamie and Oliver aged 18 and 16 if they want to come, think it will do them good seeing how many other people are doing the same thing.

Just gotta tell people, GOT MY SKILLS ASSESSMENT ON FRIDAY!! YIPPEEEE!

Going out on a 457 but applying for the 175 before we leave the UK, anybody else ever done this? Be good to hear about it.

Guest The Hoys hoping.........
Hi Guys just a reminder for next week hope everyones still up for it. Then we can all have a rant and rave about visas and houses. See you all soon.

Tania XX:wubclub:

Hi Tania,

Yes, we are definately still up for it!

Haven't done the route planner thing yet......we aim to be there for 11.00- 11.30 ish, depending on traffic and also, us be organised enough to leave home in good time!(you know what it's like with kids and hubsands!):wacko:

Looking forward to meeting you all on Sunday.

Donna xx

Hi Donna we still haven't looked at the route, and certainly not going to rely on the good old sat nav else we'll never get there. I can sympathise with you about the kids and hubby, I will try to bring Arran with us he is 10 also.

See you on Sunday are we wearing stickers or what so we know who we all are

Tania X

Guest angandandy

any chance we can get a postcode for the restaurant for us poor welsh folk, we may have a fighting chance of making it then??

Ta x

Hi guys,

Seems like there are lots of people coming to the Castlewood on Sunday so it looks like its going to be fun. I thought I'd better post the address so you can all find it.

Castlewood Brewers Fayre

Carter Lane East

South Normanton

Alfreton

DE55 2EH

Its just off Junction 28 M1, take the turn off for A38 Mansfield, turn immediately left and you will see the entrance to the Castlewood on your right. Incidentally, when you leave will have to request a ticket with a security code to get out of the car park ( something which I always forget to do!) Just ask at the desk near the entrance door.

See you there!

Annie

Guest The Hoys hoping.........
Hi Donna we still haven't looked at the route, and certainly not going to rely on the good old sat nav else we'll never get there. I can sympathise with you about the kids and hubby, I will try to bring Arran with us he is 10 also.

See you on Sunday are we wearing stickers or what so we know who we all are

Tania X

Hi Tania,

My Hubbie says he will wear an australian flag, maybe carry a plastic Kangeroo or even dress up like Dame Edna!:err:

It will be good for the kids to get together instead of listening to us waffle on about Oz all the time.

See you sunday....will think of a more sensible way of idenifying ourselves before then too!!

Donna xx

Hi Donna, someone on another thread suggested wearing a pink caronation, sorry can't remember who, just up at this time cause my 8 year old has been sick in his bed, leaving that one to my husband as i don't do sick. See you soon.

Tania X

Guest cantwait

Hi Everyone

I'm just bumping up the thread in case anyone hasn't seen it or needs a reminder.

Karen

X

Hi Karen

Hoping to see you all tomorrow, my internet broke down on tuesday evening, so i've had to borrow my sister-in-laws computer. Not gettitng connected until some time next week so having mass withdrawal symptoms from PIO. Hope to catch up on all the news and gossip tomorrow. See you tomorrow.

Thanks everyone

Tania XX

Hello everyone,

Just a final update for tomorrows meet at the Castlewood - just to let you know that the Castlewood will be available from 11.30am tomorrow morning - so dont rush down for 11.00 if its raining you might get a bit wet!

For the record - the address again is:

Castlewood Brewers Fayre

Carter Lane East

South Normanton

Alfreton

DE55 2EH

Its just off Junction 28 M1, take the turn off for A38 Mansfield, turn immediately left and you will see the entrance to the Castlewood on your right. Don't forget your car park exit code on the way out.

See you tomorrow,

Annie

Guest diesellisle

Hey ho everyone,

I have only just seen this thread...we are in Mansfield so just down the road from the Castlewood. Unfortunately, we won't be able to make it tomorrow. Hope you all have a great time and fingers crossed we will make it to the next one!!

Lisa X

Guest Bonnie and Clyde

Hi Guys,

Sorry it's short notice but we won't be able to come tomorrow.

We are just home from visiting my folks in Northampton and need to go back there tomorrow - Dad poorly part way through chemo. Feel guilty enough we are still contemplating going to oz with him not yet fixed.

Anyway, hope all have a good time and hope to meet you another day instead!

Love Bonnie

Guest SEFFnSARAH

Hi Guys,

Sorry we weren't able to make it yesterday but Paul had to work. I really meant to let you know but things went a little manic end of the week. Sorry.

Hope the meet went off ok. Really gutted to have missed it. Had been looking forward to meeting people and catching up on their stories and having a good moan about length of time DIAC/Adelaide taking to acknowledge things and get things moving with people who would understand what it is like.

Never mind, hopefully there will be another meet before we go (not difficult at this rate!) and maybe next time it could be a little closer - maybe Coventry way as there seem to be quite a few of you guys from this area.

Sarah

Guest wrangers

Hi guys

Just had some good news from the Queensland Nursing Council. They're currently processing 7th May UK applicants. Mine went in on 13th May, so may get it by end of week, fingers crossed!!

Once this is done, will submit it to DIAC and visa will hopefully be granted, WHIPPEEE!

Will keep you informed. Anyone going to Brisbane? Would love to hear from you and keep in touch, will hopefully be there in the next 8 weeks or before now.

Al n Deb

Hi Annie, hope you are ok thanks for helping to arrange a fantastic meeting place i'm sure everybody enjoyed it and found it useful to be able to have a chat. Let me know how you go on. Take care

Tania

(sorry its taken so long to get in touch, but i actually got sorted out with the internet today, its taken a whole week)

Hi Tania, Glad your back with us! I'm glad you all enjoyed it, it was fun and really nice meeting you all too. No go with the house yet again. Had someone come yesterday too, but I think they were in competition with the Beverley Hillbillies! So onwards and upwards. I got invited to my brothers sister in laws wedding in Ontario, Canada last night. After looking at flights for oz yesterday (gone up by £200 in a week!) it will be cheaper to go to Toronto then Sydney on a round the world ticket - crazy world!

Hope your ok,

Love Annie x

hi,

hope we havnt missed the boat,we are in Market Drayton and work in Stoke -on -Trent and Shrewsbury, we activate visa oct in Perth and Move May 09,

Staffs Meet up would be good we gotta great wetherspoons in town!

Archived