Stafordshire/Midlands Meet

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cantwait

HI

I will be there with my two girls aged 13 and 8. OH has just informed me that this is the only Sunday in the whole year that he has to work (typical!!) - but I'm still coming and the kids really want to as well.

Thanks for organising - see you there!!!!!

Karen

Guest Stokey
Everyone seems happy to meet anywhere but who is going to grab the bull by horns and make a decision as to where we will meet, not me by the way i am happy to meet anywhere, at this rate it will be in Australia

Ok Peeps

We are from Werrington Stoke-on-Trent, We are up for a meet anywhere but must have Kids things, as two girls 7, 10 and boy 1yr.

Looking at where people live lets go Burton/Tamworth area, Are you all happy with that? If so lets find a pub with play area for kids, if needed i will source one.

Lets stop talkin and start walkin

Rog

Guest Stokey

Woops how never read page 2? mmm that was us then.

Castlewood venue i take it thats the one next to the Premier Inn hotel? Brewers Fayre.

Guest The Hoys hoping.........

Well done Annie & Tania for organising the event!

We will definately be there.......looking forward to meeting you all :-)

Guest glossyoz

Yep count us in! There will be the 3 of us, me, OH & little one (15 months).

Thanks for taking the bull by the horns! I'm rubbish @ organising things!!

xx

Thanks for that, its more Annie who needs to take credit for finding the venue, but it will be great to see you there and you glossyoz, our baby is 21 months and he will be there to. Are we going to be wearing pink caronations or just stickers.

Tania X

Guest wrangers

What about The Darlaston Inn on the A34 between junction 14 and 15 of m6, stafford and stoke. It has facilities, a wacky i think, for the kids and it does the 2 for 1 meals. Easy to get to. What do you think?

Guest angandandy

Hiya

I wondered if you would mind some gatecrashers from north wales?? I think Andy is off, if he is we would love to come if ok??

Ang

Guest The Hoys hoping.........

Hello all,

Sounds like we will have a good turn out for our Midlands meet! Fantastic stuff :-)

We will be taking over the place at this rate..........

We can't wait to talk to people who don't yawn as soon as you mention the word Australia!

Donna xx

Hi Tania,

The pub/travel lodge is called The Castlewood - it immediately off Junc 28 MI.

It have an excellent play room for kids inside and out and is quite safe and plenty of room for the adults too.

You can get a drink and/or meals at reasonable prices.

I'm not sure if there is a website - but as it's not far from here I can pop in and ask

any questions that arise if everyone decides to choose it.

Cheers Annie

Hi Guys just wondering if there is anyone else interested in the above meet-up it is on the 22nd June at around 11-11.30 it would be great to see as many people as posible so we can compare notes and have a moan how long our visas are taking. Please try to make it, pop a post on and then Annie can let The Castlewood know how many approx there is. Don't forget pink caronations or stickers or flags. :jiggy:

Guest wrangers

Hi Tania

We are from Stone and are hoping to move to Brisbane in the next few months on a 457. We would love to meet up, there will definately be two of us, and with any luck our teenage sons will be with us.

Looking forward to it. See you there!

Deb, Al, Jamie and Oliver

Guest Stokey
Hi Guys just wondering if there is anyone else interested in the above meet-up it is on the 22nd June at around 11-11.30 it would be great to see as many people as posible so we can compare notes and have a moan how long our visas are taking. Please try to make it, pop a post on and then Annie can let The Castlewood know how many approx there is. Don't forget pink caronations or stickers or flags. :jiggy:

Hi guys

Count us in "from Werrington stoke-on-trent" There will be:

Me

Wife

1 Girl 10yrs

1 Girl 7yrs

1 Boy 1yr

Guest Ms_Fi

We can't make it :( We're busy that weekend.

Debs- I'm in Barlaston and the kids go to school in Stone (Christ Church First and Middle), would be great to meet up for lunch or something one day.

Guest wrangers

That sounds good, how old are your kids then? Mine have just left Alleynes, two boys, one 18, one 16. My husband is a plasterer and tiler and i'm a midwife at walsall. What sort of visa have you applied for and where are you hoping to live?

Guest Ms_Fi

My son is in year 7, and my girls in year 5 and year 2. We're moving to the Newcastle (NSW) area in 2010 when I graduate. My OH is Australian so we're going out on a spousal visa.

We're really excited and can't wait. We were planning on going out for a month next Easter but we've put that off till the summer holidays and we're going to go for 6 weeks.

Hi Guys just a reminder for next week hope everyones still up for it. Then we can all have a rant and rave about visas and houses. See you all soon.

Tania XX:wubclub:

Archived