Stafordshire/Midlands Meet

Hi there after reading the thread what Helena originally posted on News,gossip and chat i think there needs to be a meet in this area. Any ideas, suggestions or volunteers would be greatly appreciated, as i haven't noticed anyone from my area which is Newcastle-uner-lyme. Many thanks Tania :chatterbox:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cantwait

Hi

We would be up for a meet - we are south staffs, so can get to anywhere really. We would be bringing our 2 girls aged 13 and 8.

Thanks

Karen

Guest jogrant3232

I think a midlands meet should be just what it says on the tin a meeting in the middle. i know Middle England is Meriden, just happens to be about 4 or 5 miles from me, i am up for a meet and dont mind where,

Guest The Hoys hoping.........

Hi,

We are near junction 15 of the M1.

We also have family in the Tamworth area, so are familar with that neck of the woods!

Def count us in for the meet up!

Donna, Jason, Lloyd(10) & Georgia (7):spinny:

Guest Bonnie and Clyde

Hi All,

Would love to meet up. Will just be the 2 of us. We live in Coventry so there is good motorway access around us - M1, M6 and M40. Dont really know any pubs with garden or kids area off top of head - does any one else?:wacko: We are happy to meet anywhere though!:cool:

Guest jogrant3232

Everyone seems happy to meet anywhere but who is going to grab the bull by horns and make a decision as to where we will meet, not me by the way i am happy to meet anywhere, at this rate it will be in Australia

Hi Tania,

The pub/travel lodge is called The Castlewood - it immediately off Junc 28 MI.

It have an excellent play room for kids inside and out and is quite safe and plenty of room for the adults too.

You can get a drink and/or meals at reasonable prices.

I'm not sure if there is a website - but as it's not far from here I can pop in and ask

any questions that arise if everyone decides to choose it.

Cheers Annie

Guest glossyoz

We're in!!

We live in Whitwick, easy access to M1 (junction 22) & M42. OH has just bought a satnav so he will be up for meeting anywhere! Boys & their toys ay!!

We will be bringing our 14 1/2 month old little boy also.

Regards

Natalie

Hi Annie that sounds good to me, I think more people seem to live that way than where we live. A sunday would be a gud day for us as i work everyday so we need a date now, so come on everyone lets be positive and try to work some dates out. What about the 22nd June???? Lets get our Midlands meet off the ground.

To all that are up for staffs meet;

22nd sounds ok to us, we may or may not have the kids with us as we haven't told them yet. We take it that it will be a day meet because of families.

Are people having food or just drinks? As much info as poss would be great.

Look forward to meeting people in same boat and hearing their stories.

Here's to the 22nd or whatever date is best.

p.s if petrol prices get any higher we will all need to meet up via web cam.

just joking. lol.:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Hi guys,

The place is to be the Castlewood Restaurant - its next to the Renaissance Hotel off Junction 28 M1. Take the road off to Mansfield and you should see the turning immediately on your left. What time do you suggest - morning would be good as it tends to guess busy towards lunchtime.

Cheers

Annie

I think majority of people would like food and a few drinks, shall we say meet about 11-11.30 so we can get settled in and then look at menus and get kids sorted for them who have them!!!!

Are you ok about sorting things out Annie about numbers and things

Thanks Tania X

Guest Bonnie and Clyde

Thanks for the organising!!!

Time sounds good. Will just be the 2 of us. Shall we all wear a pink carnation for recognition?!!:biglaugh:

Archived