Parents visa 143 0r 173

fateh

Hello everyone,

I am back on this website after 2 years.When I was struggling to get my pr in Australia ,u guys helped me a lot with my different queries. Today I am back with another quick question and m 100 percent sure I will definitely get a correct and positive reply from the members of the website.

Actually I got my citizenship in Australia last yr and planning to bring my widow mother to live with me for rest of her life. I have a brother who will get his permanent residence shortly in Australia and is currently living with me in this country.. Therefore I wonder do I need to spend a lot of money to apply for our mothers' permanent residency. And is subclass 143 visa only the option..

Your responses will be much appreciaited.

Thank you.

There are two categories of parents visas - contributory and non-contributory.

The non-contributory visa is the less expensive category (approx. $3900) but the processing period is 10+ years. DIBP quotes 30 years on their website

The contributory visa (e.g. 143) is the more expensive category (approx. $50,000) but the processing period is approx 2 years.

Guest Guest115110

Note that the non-contributory category was put to a cap and cease in 2014 before the DIBP started accepting applications again. There is no saying when this will happen again.

Archived