489 Visa but can't find work

ChrisJay

Hi All,

We have recently lodged 489 Visa for Darwin and was wondering what happens if you can't find work in the field nominated for, yet other territories have loads of jobs but occupation isn't on CSOL, is there a way where you can move to another state if you can prove you can get work and there is more opportunities?

Also I may have a company interested in sponsoring me in Perth is it easier for them to do this if i'm in country on 489 visa?

your advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Chris.

By accepting a nomination from the NT you are agreeing to:

• live in the NT and work in your skilled occupation or a closely related skilled occupation in the NT for no less than two years from your visa grant or arrival, and
  • keep the Department of Business informed of the status of your visa application, when you arrive or when your visa is granted, and your current contact details for a two year period, and
  • participate in surveys conducted by the Department of Business to enable assessment of outcomes from nominated schemes for the NT.

I think I did read somewhere that if you struggle to find work and contact DIPB they do on occasions make exceptions. It is worth contacting them to clarify

NSW -Except Sydney, Newcastle, Wollongong and the central coast

Victoria - Except Melbourne metropolitan area

WA - Except Perth and surrounding areas

Queensland - Except greater Brisbane area and the gold coast

South Australia - All

Tasmania - Al

Northern Territory - All

ACT - Not included

• 2 weeks later...
On a 489 visa, you can work in any occupation as long as both living and working is in a regional area.

Hello, am I interpreting this correctly? On a 489 you can live and work in any regional area and not just within the state that sponsors you? Could you go to a different state from day 1 provided it is regional? Is permission from the sponsoring state required or not? Many thanks

Hi

we are looking to emigrate but can only get 457,489 or 190 visa, which are all sponsored visas how you supposed to get a job offer to get one of these visas when companies will only consider you if you live in Australia!!! bit of a catch 22

FRUSTRATING

Hi

we are looking to emigrate but can only get 457,489 or 190 visa, which are all sponsored visas how you supposed to get a job offer to get one of these visas when companies will only consider you if you live in Australia!!! bit of a catch 22

FRUSTRATING

Not all the 190 and 489 visas require a job offer, check each states individual requirements. The 457 does require a job offer.

Hello, am I interpreting this correctly? On a 489 you can live and work in any regional area and not just within the state that sponsors you? Could you go to a different state from day 1 provided it is regional? Is permission from the sponsoring state required or not? Many thanks

I think it's within the state

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk

Archived