Beauty Therapist - Can I Take Beauty Products In Container?

Guest Glen & Shirl

Guest Glen & Shirl

Hi there,

we are aiming to come over to Perth in Sept 08 and have had a quote from shippers a long time back on shipping goods over, mainly furniture etc. I will get them back to re-quote us but was thinking in the meantime if I could take beauty products over in the container.

I am a beauty therapist and as well as taking all my kit over with the house contents I have a huge amount of products ranging from Dermalogica creams/lotions, nail varnishes, body wrap products etc. I know I cannot take any wax products over as I have already found that out from candles and similar, but this is a grey area. I also know I can get new over in Aus, but have so much.

If anyone could help me out with a firm yes or no I can start to either sell them off or bring. As any other beauticians will know these products are not cheap so if I can bring I would do so.

Also how does it fair to do Beauty Therapy from a home based business in Australia. Very successful in UK and just wondered if it's the same in Aus. Or would a salon be better. Just wondering as suburbs are so spread out and thought shops would just be miles away in shopping centres.

Thanks

Shirley

Hiya ,im not to sure as you say wax stuff is a no no as is anything containg animal products i believe.I did bring quite a large box of cosmetics,and smellys and didint have a problem clearing cutoms ,i suppose it can depend on the amount you are bringing ,i put everything inside a large 'nappy box' and dont think it was even checked.

Cal x

Guest EM&M

Hi,

l brought all my nail gel over as I am qualified as a nail tech. You cant bring flamable so no nail varnish remover type products. Check out you wax you could prob bring it but remember it melts so would need to be in a sealed container. There is a girl runs a massage business round corner from us from home not sure how she does. I have decided not to do nails here as its really cheap here, a girl put a flyer through my door for full set of Acrylic nails in your own home for $25!!!!

Em x

Archived