457 current Nomination processing time

jmo

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I applied for my nomination and visa together on 7th Dec'15. Have not heard anything till yet. Hope someone can throw some light on how long nomination takes to get approved. What job profile have you applied for? And what part of Australia?

Heading to Sydney. What about you?

Please check this thread: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/225512-457-current-processing-times.html

That's where people who are also waiting for their 457 visas post their timeline.

No Zet01, I created this one for NOMINATION processing times, as in the other forum most of the people are having their nomination approved and wait for the final application step to be finalized.

No Zet01, I created this one for NOMINATION processing times, as in the other forum most of the people are having their nomination approved and wait for the final application step to be finalized.

I see. I thought you are after the visa timeline. :)

Hi, has anyone lodged the nomination during the 3rd week of December. My hospital has their own MA and until now they have not heard from the department. They said it's still showing application received. It's the 6th week of nomination lodgement already. Starting to get worried. I just lodged my 457 working visa last week.

Hi, has anyone lodged the nomination during the 3rd week of December. My hospital has their own MA and until now they have not heard from the department. They said it's still showing application received. It's the 6th week of nomination lodgement already. Starting to get worried. I just lodged my 457 working visa last week.

I don't think you have to be worried about it. 6 weeks is not that long and I heard that around Christmas they always get a backup and turnaround times become a bit longer..

I don't think you have to be worried about it. 6 weeks is not that long and I heard that around Christmas they always get a backup and turnaround times become a bit longer..

Thanks. It's because I've applied onshore and I'm on a student visa. My term is ending soon and I didn't want to enrol for a new term just to keep my student visa valid. Some of my friends got their visa approved by 2-3 days onshore application and their nomination 2 weeks.

Thanks. It's because I've applied onshore and I'm on a student visa. My term is ending soon and I didn't want to enrol for a new term just to keep my student visa valid. Some of my friends got their visa approved by 2-3 days onshore application and their nomination 2 weeks.

You should be able to apply for a bridging visa which allows you to stay in the country until a decision is made on the 457.

You should be able to apply for a bridging visa which allows you to stay in the country until a decision is made on the 457.

Yes. But it won't come into effect because I hold a substantive visa which is 573 visa. Technically my student visa is still in effect. My MA told me that my nomination should be looked up soon as it is already 6 weeks. It's just a bit of a time hassle since I'm still studying to stay here in Oz.

By the way my company submitted the nomination 18 Nov and they were asked to provide more information first week of Jan. So that means that someone looked at the application about 6 weeks after submitting it and I think if no more papers would have been needed it would have got approved at that time. So I'm sure you'll hear back very soon :)

By the way my company submitted the nomination 18 Nov and they were asked to provide more information first week of Jan. So that means that someone looked at the application about 6 weeks after submitting it and I think if no more papers would have been needed it would have got approved at that time. So I'm sure you'll hear back very soon :)

Thanks for that! My MA told me that it the nomination should be looked at soon since it has been 6 weeks. Did you apply onshore or offshore? I guess it really doesn't matter now. What profession did you get sponsored for?

My company applied for nomination transfer on the 17th of December as I already hold a visa from my previous employer.

Last Friday, their MA submitted an URGENT request requesting my appointment to be done asap. My manager is getting impatient with the whole process (HR screwed up, and she was led to believe that I was supposed to start on the 11th) I have not started working there yet but I have been informally 'meeting and greeting' with all my team members and stakeholders, and it has been really awkward.

I feeling extremely anxious about my situation as there are terms on my contract that stipulates that if the sponsorship transfer is not finalised for whatever reason by the 29th of Jan (originally it was the 15th, but HR extended it), the agreement will automatically terminate.

My company applied for nomination transfer on the 17th of December as I already hold a visa from my previous employer.

Last Friday, their MA submitted an URGENT request requesting my appointment to be done asap. My manager is getting impatient with the whole process (HR screwed up, and she was led to believe that I was supposed to start on the 11th) I have not started working there yet but I have been informally 'meeting and greeting' with all my team members and stakeholders, and it has been really awkward.

I feeling extremely anxious about my situation as there are terms on my contract that stipulates that if the sponsorship transfer is not finalised for whatever reason by the 29th of Jan (originally it was the 15th, but HR extended it), the agreement will automatically terminate.

Not sure if there's a way to rush the process, or if everything your MA can do is just asking about the progress. But good luck and let us know!

Just found out on the Australian boarder homepage that there's actually a way for urgent applications to get processed faster, but it needs a truly exceptional reason, whatever that means in detail.

That's under priority processing. The company needs to explain the exceptional circumstances for the rush..like in case of a project manager etc. That's what my MA told me.