45 years old in July , is time on my side.

robsozhope

Hi there, I have started my Visa application with a company,I should have all my documents with them by early Feb,I am 45 in July 2016. Could anybody please tell me if time is on my side, if my EOI is already on the desk of the people involved?. I would be grateful of any input . Thanks.

I know people who have moved at 46. I was 44*. Pretty sure there's people on here it did it at the older end of the visa scale too.

(although we all got in on my wife's application, and she was 39 when she applied!)

It's possible I think, but I'd make sure you can safely wangle the 60 points before you apply. If it's possible, then there's no reason why your visa would get rejected over someone 10 years younger. As long as you have all the other criteria and the 'safe' 60 points.

Having said that, if you are sure you want to do it, I'd get working out how viable it is and get cracking ASAP

If you need a skills assessment some agencies will prioritize in this situation. This isn't always advertised and you will have to enquire about fast tracking and there will be an extra fee. From recollection my husband's was done in 4 weeks instead of 12 weeks because he was about to turn 40. However we also had back up plan of him achieving top marks in ilets just in case it didn't come together.

I did my Ielts and Vetasses before I was eligible to apply. I needed a years work experience after my MSC, a very nice agent at Vetasses kept moving my application up the pile so each month I sent a letter from HR with a copy of my payslips so that by the time my 12 months was up my file was at the top ready to be assessed. I was very lucky.

That was July, I turned 40 in November 21st (I needed the points before turning 40) and had the visa through on the 6th. It was a tough time watching the days get closer and closer!

Good luck

laura

Thank you , VERYSTORMY. I did my ielts exam on Saturday, fingers crossed for the mark of 8's,I am a Qualified Barber having owned my own shop for over 3 years, also Qualified Hairdresser , so i am having to go down the Hairdressing route 190 Visa. I am collecting my photo's towards my skills papers hope to hand them to my Agent late Feb ,I am not sure what the skills assessment entails or the time frame !! if you know or if anybody else could advise ,I would be grateful. Thanks.

Hi there, I have started my Visa application with a company,I should have all my documents with them by early Feb,I am 45 in July 2016. Could anybody please tell me if time is on my side, if my EOI is already on the desk of the people involved?. I would be grateful of any input . Thanks.

Hi, I was 44 when we started ours and I got it within 10 months that included 4 weeks close down for Christmas period. It would have been quicker but I had to wait for an IELTS test place & the results. It could be done if everything's in place. Stay positive. FYI 2 weeks here & my husband got sponsored by a company, depending on your job it might also be worth looking at. You can also get a visa after you're 45 you just have to play the system & have a good agent.

Aussie Agent , Thank you. Is that when you apply as in submit your EOI? before or after the Medicals and police checks? I am waiting for my ielts results around the 7th feb i need 8's and i am also photo/video for my skills part and ready to send in my vetassess over the next week ,any advice would be great . Thank you.

Your points are locked at the moment you are invited. So if you are 44 when you are invited, but turn 45 between then and when you submit your application, then you are considered 44 for the purpose of the visa application. So as long as you receive an invitation before your 45th birthday, you can claim points for age.

Archived