CO requesting medicals within 28 days - unable to do so

Robwilliams1983

I had contact from my CO last night requesting that we have medicals carried out and the information supplied with in 28 days . Unfortunately we are having to fly to the UK to have medicals carried out as we live offshore, the earliest we could get the medicals is the 12th of February which is after the requested 28 days.

can I request an extension of time to have the medicals carried out as our flights, accommodation and the medicals are all booked.?

Explain and send them evidence of the booking. They should be OK as long as you have booked them. For example sometimes the first appointment available can be more than 28 days, out of your control as is the processing time for some police checks. But as long as you action everything as best you can and keep the CO informed you will be fine.

you do not need to do the medicals in your home country as long as they are done at an approved medical centre you can do them anywhere.

We were in a similar situation and couldn't get the medicals done in time for several reasons, but rammygirl is correct: all you need to do is book the medicals and send the CO proof that you have done so within 28 days, the appointment can be any date within reason. We got our request from the CO at the beginning of November last year and the medicals are not until this coming Saturday.

Thanks for your replies, I emailed Australia immigration explaining that the medicals are booked outside of the requested 28 days. They said that it has been noted and they will wait the results of the medicals. I guess that also means my visa is pretty much guaranteed subject to passing medicals??

Hi,

We wonder if we will need to fly to mainland UK for our medicals. We are in the Channel Islands and in the past I know medicals could be carried out at one of the local clinics - I am not sure where you live, but do you know if there are only clinics on the mainland now that are approved? It'll cost a lot with last minute flights, time off work etc, as you will know.

Cheers,

Amanda

Hi,

We wonder if we will need to fly to mainland UK for our medicals. We are in the Channel Islands and in the past I know medicals could be carried out at one of the local clinics - I am not sure where you live, but do you know if there are only clinics on the mainland now that are approved? It'll cost a lot with last minute flights, time off work etc, as you will know.

Cheers,

Amanda

Hi Amanda

I am funnily enough also in the channel islands. You have to fly to the mainland to have medicals done, there is nowhere on the island that does them as has to be done at certain clinics. You can find the information by going on Australia immigration website and i fully understand about booking flights, hotels etc. We booked our flights when blueislands had a sale on, going to the clinic in maidenhead which is just over an hour from southampton. The medicals only take about an hour to do.

Archived