How can I find out if my qualifications give me any points towards the 189/190?

Briggs0102

I'm thinking of lodging the 189/190 visa application but I have no idea if my certifications give me any points for the visa. So far I have:

30 points for me age

10 points for my work experience

As it stands I would need another 20 which I can gain from the English exam.

Does anyone know if I can gain any points from the following certifications:

Cisco CCENT

Cisco CCNA

Cisco CCNA:Security

BTEC IT Diploma in Networking (College level Diploma, level in between High School & University)

If I can make up another 10 points some where, it makes the English exam a bit easier!

Thanks a lot in advance!

I'm thinking of lodging the 189/190 visa application but I have no idea if my certifications give me any points for the visa. So far I have:

30 points for me age

Cisco CCENT

Cisco CCNA

BTEC IT Diploma in Networking (College level Diploma, level in between High School & University)

If I can make up another 10 points some where, it makes the English exam a bit easier!

Thanks a lot in advance!

There are possibly 10 points avail available. Take some professional advice from a registered migration agent.

30 points for me age

Cisco CCENT

Cisco CCNA

Thanks a lot in advance!

Your CCNA Certificate would be useful when you are applying skill assessment through ACS. This assumes that you have all the necessary requirement such as skilled employment.

Also, assuming that your BTEC IT Diploma in Networking was recognised and completed in Australia, then you are eligible for additional 10 points.

edit: ref http://www.acic.com.tw/files/7PDF/points-tested-migration-fact-sheet.pdf

Edited by VicViP

This is excellent, thank you everyone.

I phoned up ACS but they didn't seem to know much about certifications and told me that couldn't give me any advice regarding the visa points system. I'm not sure this is 100% correct though, I was possible through to the wrong department.

I haven't done my skills assessment just yet, as I'm preparing for the English exam first. I understand that the ACS is a requirement for the 189 but not that 190, is that correct?

Just to confirm, yes I am working in the IT (ICT/ IT&T) field.

Thanks again everyone.

So it looks like my Cisco certifications count for nothing - A little disappointing considering every Microsoft cert counts (according to ACS). It looks as if my Advanced diploma will get me through though.... just need to lodge for the ACS now. It appears if that is successful, then it will give me 10 points towards my visa.

I'm about 50/50 if it will be successful, so it's a risky 500 bucks!