AHPRA & ANMAC update

louloubelle

Hi fellow nurses! ...... has anyone had their medical yet? I have lodged 189 visa and about to book medical .... I have completed the questionnaire on e medical and have the hap numbers but it does not include hepatitis b and c testing, should I book this separately as well?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi fellow nurses! ...... has anyone had their medical yet? I have lodged 189 visa and about to book medical .... I have completed the questionnaire on e medical and have the hap numbers but it does not include hepatitis b and c testing, should I book this separately as well?

My partner is the nurse, her form had the HEP B and C marked as required, where as mine did not, just make sure you yell them you are a nurse when you book and they will do all the tests.

Congratulations, i also had APHRA come back after xmas and am just about to send ANMAC off. How long did ANMAC take? I was expecting APHRA to take a while but was only 8 weeks hoping ANMAC will be just as speedy? Was hoping to be out to Brisbane beginning of September?

We have been granted our visa's for Oz. We have sold the house and so I started looking at getting my registration and applying for jobs over the bank holiday. I worked as a nurse in Australia in 2009 when backpacking and the process of registration was very easy. I have now discovered this has changed. I am a diploma student that when back to uni after backpacking so now have a BSc. I have noticed cluse 8 about pharmocdymacis, medication management, etc. Do you know if I need to do more training to include this? I am currently doing my non medical prescribing course and have passed the exams. I just have a portfolio to hand in and wait for it all to go to the external examination board in June. Graduation is not till September. Will I need this to get registration? Any help really welcome as I am now unsure if we sould fly over in April as planned or wait.

We have been granted our visa's for Oz. We have sold the house and so I started looking at getting my registration and applying for jobs over the bank holiday. I worked as a nurse in Australia in 2009 when backpacking and the process of registration was very easy. I have now discovered this has changed. I am a diploma student that when back to uni after backpacking so now have a BSc. I have noticed cluse 8 about pharmocdymacis, medication management, etc. Do you know if I need to do more training to include this? I am currently doing my non medical prescribing course and have passed the exams. I just have a portfolio to hand in and wait for it all to go to the external examination board in June. Graduation is not till September. Will I need this to get registration? Any help really welcome as I am now unsure if we sould fly over in April as planned or wait.

What's your Bsc in?

Health and professional practice

I'm diploma trained (mental health) and got my Bsc (Hons) in health and Professional Practice last year. I've just got my AHPRA registration in principle but still waiting to hear from ANMAC. have you submitted your applications to them both yet) assuming you have ANMAC but not sure which visa you've gone over on? Also, which branch do you practice?

I applied to ANMAC as part of my visa, their email says I am suitable for migration but that the email does not grant me nursing registration. It states that I need to contact AHPRA. Did AHPRA ask for information about medication management? Also how long did it take to come though? I don't want to get there and not be able to work as we gave a baby. This is for your help

In order to work you'll need to have registration through AHPRA. they didn't ask for any extra information othern than what I sent with my application to them (certified copies of all diploma and degree transcripts, module info, certificates, grades for each module etc). I've heard it can depend on which branch you practice though. AHPRA was really quick (less than a month for me) but again, there doesn't seem to be much consistency.

In order to work you'll need to have registration through AHPRA. they didn't ask for any extra information othern than what I sent with my application to them (certified copies of all diploma and degree transcripts, module info, certificates, grades for each module etc). I've heard it can depend on which branch you practice though. AHPRA was really quick (less than a month for me) but again, there doesn't seem to be much consistency.

I'm an adult nurse currently working as a sister in surgery. Do you think it will take around the same time as yours? Do you know anyone else going though it?

I don't I'm afraid. From what I've heard adult nurses with top up degrees are sometimes being granted registration with supervision orders...there are loads of other nurses on here though so I'm sure you'll get plenty of advice. Hope it all goes through smoothly for you. I definitely wouldn't look to move in April without AHPRA registration though because you can't work as a nurse without it.

Jac if you registered with Ahpra in 2009 you don't need to go through the overseas nurse registration rigmarole you simply need to renew your registration. On Ahpra website form agn-40 I think, for registrants who have lapsed registration has sections for those who have been working overseas. Will be much simpler and cheaper

Jac if you registered with Ahpra in 2009 you don't need to go through the overseas nurse registration rigmarole you simply need to renew your registration. On Ahpra website form agn-40 I think, for registrants who have lapsed registration has sections for those who have been working overseas. Will be much simpler and cheaper

Sounds like great news! :)

This is brilliant news, thank you for your help. I will call the office tomorrow and see what they suggest I do for the quickest way to get registration. This would be amazing if they except it though. I will keep you posted. Thanks!