AHPRA & ANMAC update

louloubelle

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have you heard anything yet? I've seen to have had regular contact with them as they wanted further information. I'm hoping to hear back from they before the end of the month?? The lady said once she has the document requested it would only take a couple of days.

Are you referring to ANMAC or AHPRA?

With AHPRA no news is good news, as to a couple of days I would say this is not correct from my experience, the person you speak with is simply collating all the documents and then sends it off to be assessed once they have everything, so it is more like a few of weeks from when they have everything.

Maybe you can help me? Particularly on Trans Tasman Registration Recognition

I am a Dutch nurse currently on a WHV in New Zealand.

I previously applied to AHPRA to get registration, but I was rejected because I met all criteria EXCEPT Criteria 2 (no idea why!) and referred to a bridging program?

So I decided to instead decided to get my NZ nursing registration and travel and work in NZ. I applied for NZ registration and got it!

But now, things haven't worked out so well for me in NZ (personal reasons) and I want to move to Aus. Could I apply for Trans Tasman recognition of my NZ registration and get AHPRA registration?

Sorry I'm referring to anmac - the lady I've been dealing with has informed me all of my assessment is pretty much complete. She just needs this last document physically there - she has seen the email scanned copy. She then said it would take a couple of days and then it need to be signed off by the CEO, then she'd be able to email it to me and post me the report.

Are you referring to ANMAC or AHPRA?

With AHPRA no news is good news, as to a couple of days I would say this is not correct from my experience, the person you speak with is simply collating all the documents and then sends it off to be assessed once they have everything, so it is more like a few of weeks from when they have everything.

Aphra on the other hand are pissing about questioning who has certified my documents and wanted a hand written letter off them explaining who they were, this was then not good enough she the wanted an email off the person!!! It's the same person who has certified my docs for anmac and they didn't need clarification!!! Grrrr

Maybe you can help me? Particularly on Trans Tasman Registration Recognition

I am a Dutch nurse currently on a WHV in New Zealand.

I previously applied to AHPRA to get registration, but I was rejected because I met all criteria EXCEPT Criteria 2 (no idea why!) and referred to a bridging program?

So I decided to instead decided to get my NZ nursing registration and travel and work in NZ. I applied for NZ registration and got it!

But now, things haven't worked out so well for me in NZ (personal reasons) and I want to move to Aus. Could I apply for Trans Tasman recognition of my NZ registration and get AHPRA registration?

No experience of this whatsoever, but I believe you can. Try the facebook group called Poms Wanting OZ

Aphra on the other hand are pissing about questioning who has certified my documents and wanted a hand written letter off them explaining who they were, this was then not good enough she the wanted an email off the person!!! It's the same person who has certified my docs for anmac and they didn't need clarification!!! Grrrr

Have you pointed them in the direction of the notary website? This lists all UK notary's so should be proof they are eligible to certify your documents.

9 weeks from when they first opened my assessment - but we have fannied about with additional documents and them questioning my certifier! Just waiting on ANMAC now! They have recieved the last of the documents the assessor requested yesterday - she said once it was recieved it would only take a few days so fingers crossed!

Well you saw how quickly mine came through - 4 working days, just remarkable. Hopefully my AHPRA will be a similar timeline - I'm hoping no contact so far is a good thing. Hopefully someone somewhere has my application in their hands! At least I can await my AHPRA alongside my visa. My only issue now seems to be the lack of cash.....need to win the lottery, then i'll be sorted :)

Hi all,

I sent my AHPRA application on the 15th Feb and recieved confirmation of receipt and payment was taken on the 24th.

I heard from them yesterday, somehow I managed to miss a question... Not quite sure how when both myself and my husband went through it a few times but hey ho. So answered that via email... She did not ask to resend the application though.

The thing that I'm confused with is she asked for:

Qualification

For your Bachelor of Midwifery degree, please provide the following documentary evidence:

· A certified copy of the academic transcript (translated into English if required) and any other supplementary documentation if available.

· A certified copy of the course outline (translated into English if required).

· Official confirmation from your education institution of the number of hours of workplace experience acquired during the time that you were studying.

· Evidence that you meet the Professional experience requirements for midwives listed under Qualification criteria: internationally qualified midwives on the Meeting the registration requirements page of the NMBA website.

Please see the above link as this details the most up to date qualification evidence we must see in order for you to hold registration as a midwife in Australia. If you are unable to meet all the criteria (such as the evidence of ten Continuity of Care Experiences) the likelihood is that you may be registered with conditions and a notation if you meet all other qualification and registration requirements. You can see more information here about the potential application outcomes.

· Certification from your education institution, provided directly to AHPRA, that you have successfully completed an assessment in medication management. This must be in the form of the following evidence:

- certified copies of the relevant course or unit outlines indicating the study and assessment undertaken in medication management, or

- if course or unit outlines are no longer available, an official letter from your education institution providing a breakdown of the content completed for medication management and the number of hours studied for each component.

Relevant courses must include the following units of study:

- pharmacokinetics (the study of the bodily absorption, distribution, metabolism, and excretion of drugs)

- pharmacodynamics (the study of the biochemical and physiological effects of drugs and the mechanisms of their action in the body)

- medication administration (including calculations), and

- quality use of medicines.

My university sent the transcript direct a year ago (I had planned to sort my application earlier), so I emailed them in December to confirm whether they still had this and recieved a positive response. I have checked my transcript and they have included information about the medicines management.

I sent my response last night but recieved an out of office rely, only until tomorrow but sooo frustrating. Anyone come across this or have an idea what they are looking for? How long do they keep documents for if the rest of the application is not submitted? Maybe they have disposed of it already?

Still plenty of time to get it sorted,don't fly until September.

Hi all,

·A certified copy of the academic transcript (translated into English if required) and any other supplementary documentation if available.

·A certified copy of the course outline (translated into English if required).

·Official confirmation from your education institution of the number of hours of workplace experience acquired during the time that you were studying.

·Evidence that you meet the Professional experience requirements for midwives listed under Qualification criteria: internationally qualified midwives on the Meeting the registration requirements page of the NMBA website..

·Certification from your education institution, provided directly to AHPRA, that you have successfully completed an assessment in medication management. This must be in the form of the following evidence

They need quite a lot in relation to the above not just a transcript, however they do not make it easy as they just send you a copy and paste and are not specific about what it is exactly you are missing.

Do they have a full syllabus? Mine was 90 pages.

Do they have a list of clinical hours? e.g. placement at abc hospital on xyz ward for 60 hours.

Do they have a letter explaining that Pharmacology and other areas listed were covered (not just a module title), the syllabus may cover this, but I asked for a separate letter explaining it and they referenced the NMC requirement for all nurses to have this.

Hi just looking for some advice as I see that you all have recently applied for AHPRA registration. I am filling out the application form and I am a bit confused in regards to proof of identity documents ? I have previously had registration in principle twice :wideeyed: but it's been cancelled as I did not attend in person within the year. However I'm unsure if I only take the identity document when I attend in person and don't send copies of passport , utility bill , marriage certificate at this point. I am also awaiting a reference number from Fit2work which is also new :confused: lol

Thanks

Archived